Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I recently bought a 2006 SRT8 which was imported from Japan, it has been really looked after but for piece of mind I want to change the Oils and things just in case. I have done the engine Oil and Filter but the Transfer Case Oil is something which from what I have read needs to be correct and done right. Mopar NV 146 is what I have been informed is the right stuff but been told over here in the UK it is no longer available only old stock if you are lucky. Is there a replacement? As I do not want to wreck anything on the transmission side of things. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put some in mine made by a company called westway in the uk.there on ebay.
Mine has been in for a year or so and been ok

·
Registered
185 Posts
I put some in mine made by a company called westway in the uk.there on ebay.
Mine has been in for a year or so and been ok
Sounds like there is other options out there, especially for you guys where it may be hard to come by in your country.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, the NV 146 does take a specific fluid and filling to the correct level is crucial. From my understanding, from the research I had done when I still had my WK1, is that it is a Mercedes t-case. That being said, I would think that you would be able to find the factory fluid from a Mercedes dealer. I did also see aftermarket options that claimed to be compatible at a much lower cost but I didn’t want to risk losing the t-case just to save a few dollars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts