Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Transfer Case Fluid Change

11K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  steveSRT 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone else has had the dealership pull the vin on their SRT8 and had a notice to change their T-case fluid? My local dealer told me that Chrysler shipped the new SRT8's with water in the T-case and that it had to be flushed, driven for 20 miles and changed again, told me it popped up with the vin check, not sure if thats a load of crap or not....

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, good to know they didnt just want a joy ride!

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Thats no lie, my lady was the one that took it in for the T-case fluid change, she watched as the service tech gunned it off the stop sign to the next stop sign then again off that stop sign into traffic because he had to make sure "all the gears shifted" since gears shifting in the transmission have so much to do with the transfer case, she confronted him on his driving and his response was, I never gave it more than half throttle and never went over the speed limit, that thing just scoots on her own! No S**T Sherlock!!! lol

Discussion starter · #7 ·
That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, I really hate the fact that you can't trust anyone to do quality work with out being a douche and joy riding your s**t!!!

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Thats the same as sayin I took your girl out for dinner and afterwards we fooled around, but dont worry I only put the tip in so its cool right?! So what if he didnt damage it, I drive mine hard like the rest of us do, but I am also the one making the payment so I am entitled to drive it how I want to, that doesnt give anyone else the right to drive it in any other way other than that of a professional mechanic/tech, I understand that sometimes you have to get a little western with s**t to get it to duplicate a noise or grind, but on a standard fluid change there is no excuse! Not looking to start a war on here but its not cool to joy ride other peoples rides at all!

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Everything I can find says that the new T-case takes ATF-4, having my girl check what the dealer changed mine with. The only way I know of to drain some would be to pull the drain plug and let some out than really quickly get it threaded back in, it would be messy but would work. You could always use your oil dipstick and dip/wipe/repeat if you have hours of time to spare ;)

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Didn't realize Mopar had so many different types of ATF-4.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.