Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has had an issue or has some input here...I have a 2020 GC SRT with 20k miles. I'm the only owner, had it since less than 10 miles on the car. I got codes for a worn transfer case clutch and the dealer is replacing under warranty rather than just rebuilding the case. However, there's more to the story here...I have taken this jeep through stage 2 with a larger throttle body, ported manifold, CAI, kooks long tubes, bigger cam, different PCM and tune, no cats, and borla exhaust. I put up about 500 hp and just shy of 500 ft/lbs tq at the wheels on the dyno. I don't think this is enough of a gain to cause driveline issues but maybe it does? Should I look into a built tranny and transfer case or just keep rolling with stock and see if this happens again? (yes the dealer obviously knows about the work and I don't have a warranty anymore, but they are bad ass and hooked me up).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock transmission and transfer case should hold that power no problem
for sure, thanks for the response...I thought the same thing. I don't pound the piss out of it either. I mean I have fun with it, but I'm still responsible and know when enough is enough.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
13 Posts
I was told by a “Mopar man” lol that the 8hp trans is good to 1000 hp. I’m not sure about the case but that’s what I was told the transmission would hold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts