Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologize if this has been answered before however I performed a search in this forum but didnt see a a clear answer. I have a SRT8 WK1 with a B&M deep trans pan (higher capacity then stock by 3 quarts I believe). I had some trans fluid blow out while driving the other day so i'm trying to determine if the trans is overfull or has a bad o ring on the electrical connector. No puddle while sitting so it seems to be just blowing it out under pressure. When the trans blew fluid out it immediately hit the hot exhaust causing smoke then cleared up almost instantly (this has happened 2 separate times) . I'm trying to find some info on the best way to check the fluid level? I was looking into the B&M dipstick from HHP thinking it would work with the pan since its the same company however after talking to a tech there I was told this would not give an accurate reading in my situation. The tech said in the shop they use a miller tool however due to larger capacity pan, you would need to measure where the tool hits pan on stock vs where it hits pan on high capacity? I'm hoping someone is also running this pan on a WK1 and can offer some assistance. Thanks in advance. Also enjoying the forum so far! There is a ton of great info on here!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a stock pan that i replaced in my garage if you would like the deapth measuring to compare the two

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just checked.its 40mm from the top lip of the pan to the inside.
I hope its ok for you in metric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still testing but I believe I got the issue sorted out. The electrical connector on side of the trans had O-rings that were leaking. Installed the replacement and all is well so far. I picked up a dipstick on amazon that seemed to work well with the measurements of stock pan vs deep pan. Time will tell but I think it’s good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts