Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

A few months back I found a pretty incredible trade deal, my '07 SRT8 Jeep and $3000 for an '01 911 Turbo with 48k miles. What would you do if you found yourself in my shoes? I had never driven a 911 let alone a Turbo prior to the test drive and I have to admit it was every bit of fun to drive as the Jeep, just a different kind of fun. It was a tough decision but I made the trade since I still have my Grand Wagoneer for SUV needs. I found out the 911 Turbo is a legend for a reason, I currently have no regrets.

Jeep was a great ride , I get a pang of pain once in awhile when I see another and someday I will really regret not keeping it as a collectable. The better line of sight and the automatic is an easier drive in town than the 911

I want to thank all of the folks here for the great information, ownership support, problem solving, performance tips, stories, laughs etc. provided over the years. A very worthwhile community, keep up the good work.

Now you can reply either way, traitor or trader, neither answer will offend. Life goes on.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
806 Posts
based on book value alone looks like a killer deal you made, even in the worst condition its still 38,900. I vote TRADER
hell even trade in value in fair condition is 35.800 exel.cond 39.500 no matter how you slice it you win

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
If you've got the money for parts and repairs.... go for it. They ain't cheap to fix. Performance wise they're beasts. Modding wise.... better have a heafty wallet. They're fun rides though. The old Jaguars kicker Bryan Barker was a customer of mine. He took me for a ride in his 01. Took me up to 160 in it. It was most fun.:lol: If you can afford it then hell man, go for it. Have you looked into insurance for it? Not sure how old you are or even your financial situation but but a thought for ya. If I didn't have kids..... I'd definitely have a 911. I'm a HUGE 911 fan. Always have been and always will be! Good luck in your decision......

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Traitor!! Haha, but no, do what you want. I don't believe our Jeeps will be considered "collectors" to others anytime soon, but I find mine to be as many others will say theirs is.

Like you said, it is a whole different fun in the 911, which I a, a fan of myself, but have never driven one, as I am sure you will enjoy it! So next, post up some pics :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a pic.

Thanks for the nice replies, once a speed freak - always a speed freak and at that point the name on the emblem really doesn't matter much.

The kids are not on this insurance policy so the rates weren't bad, like $80 more every 6 months over the Jeep with a clean record.....we'll see how long that lasts. I don't have a hefty wallet in this economy but I have an indie mechanic that does German well and doesn't beat me up. First mod was Bilstein coilovers all around so I have to wait a few months before I can touch her again (sound familiar to any of you fellow married guys out there?) For a mere $7k I can be the proud owner of a 600HP kit but that will trigger a $2k clutch upgrade. That kind of go would cost that kind of dough in the Jeep too, no?

I had alot of fun those next 99 miles.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
You are a trader...love that ride...and yeah...you will definitely need an Indy mechanic ;)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would not have hesitated, even if it was to resale it. After seeing, I doubt if reselling is an option for you. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Bloody Hell--I love those cars!!! Congrats :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank, I think its a keeper....unless I start getting hammered with repairs but ya gotta budget maintenance for anything you drive and I'm saving a little $ on fuel now. About +3 or 4 mpg in town and up to +9 mpg on the highway.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Congrats!! Nice trade. You could not go wrong either way. Two different types of speed and driving experience as well as owner.

I came very close to get the same car in 08 when I got my second jeep srt, but as I like to always drive and needed a car/truck for all weather due to being on call for work I stuck with the jeep. Besides I couldn't see me putting a child seat in it lol. Congrats enjoy the driving experience, they drive themselves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.