Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRT
79 Posts
you will learn to be wary. You will either love it or you will hate it, all depending on what goes wrong and how poorly they deal with it...and it will be poorly. I would have a mechanic look over every known issue with that years model. A few, but not all to be immediately concerned about: water pump failure fairly quickly, alternator bearing seizure, radiator failure at corner welds, the dreaded leather dash bubbling from hell, heat exchange leakage on the firewall, failed lifters that lead to catastrophic cylinder damage. My wife insisted on a Platinum Extended Warranty and had I not listened to her, I would have been out something like $14k after all of the above issues, along with a complete new engine after the failed lifter, shattered the cylinder...these things are, from what a gather hit or miss....some people will have zero issues and it will be a wonderful experience. Others, like me will love it on the days it runs, and hate everything about it every other day. Please, please please...look over all the posts here related to the 2014/2015 models and have those issues checked out immediately. Could just save you thousands

1 - 3 of 3 Posts