Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I cannot believe you got in and out of the dealership that fast. That's the real story here!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I didn't know until last night how much I actually "paid" for it... when I looked at the paperwork I signed.

I signed the road yesterday on lunch. My brother wanted to know if I could shut off the traction control... 4th gear and about 400' ... I got out of it because I was moving pretty good by the end of it and I produced enough smoke to "close" the divided private roadway I was on. I then sped off and set a new top speed for the car ;)

In the video, I had already switched seats with my buddy to revisit the scene.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Need to tint that fishbowl! Mine was at the tint shop the week I picked it up. Amazing car, fun times melting the tires. If I could only get the damn thing to go straight while melting the tires. I always look like a Mustang driver walking all over the road!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
parttimer - I got my tail light and side marker tint in the mail yesterday. NYS changed their tint laws, so not sure how much I can do with the fishbowl.

As far as laying rubber forever without going off the road... hard to explain, but I got into 2nd or 3rd gear before taking my foot off of the brake and then 3rd into 4th after the car was rolling out. As long as you keep the throttle and steering input's nice and smooth - and there isn't any major slope or problems with the road, she should keep straight. I could have kept this going for another 400 feet... she was rock steady and moving out really good.

I went from new car smell @ 400 miles to burnt rubber smell @ 401. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
LOL, mine still smells new :( You were able to brake and gas at once? When I do that, even after holding the TC button for 15 seconds the TC is still turning on!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
On the first attempt it felt like the TC intervened, even though I was in track mode. So I let off and got on the pedal a little more and she quickly lit the tires and started upshifting.
We have had record breaking rain these last few days, but I will be playing with launch control tomorrow now that my 500 miles are on the car.

·
LAUNCH
1,065 Posts
That is awesome! And true to my screenname, a lower pulley, an upper pulley, an intake, and a tune is all you need for 800 horses at the wheels. That's literally 200hp more. A better driveshaft should be pretty high on the list as well.

Edit: I think injectors might also be part of that equation.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah, that is basically the recipe. I went into this thinking I may do the mods that don't void the warranty and just try to squeeze that 707hp to the brink. The 3.09 seems to be everyone's favorite mod right now (Scat Pack differential). Some people seem to be good with the stock DS, I'll see how far it gets me. Slicks on a set of wheels too maybe, I like drifting and doing burnouts, so having cheap 275s on the back for the daily is probably in my best interest.
I may grab an intake for the noise factor, don't need the extra couple HP that bad.
Exhaust is plenty loud stock, no need to rip out any mufflers.
So far, I just put car seats in it... :)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So, 1000 miles so far. Absolutely love the car.
Only complaints - small gas tank. No head room (had the same problem in my Jeep). I dropped the seat all of the way down, and as back as far as I can go, and without reclining to a gangster degree, I have to **** my head to the side so it isn't rubbing the headliner. That gets old quick, especially if you have neck and back problems.

I have left over 1000' of rubber on the road too, she likes to mark territory.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did you get a sliding roof in yours? That is why I didn't get one in my Cat, I have tons of room compared to the Jeep with the roof.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeah, sunroof was not an option for me - it was mandatory! I love having it, probably won't have a car without one.

Just the price I gotta pay I guess.

I got a free dash cam from work (for my 15yr anniv) and installed that today. HighDef front and rear cameras.

Also picked up a huge chunk of metal in my back tire... so that was nice. Didn't buy road hazard because I planned on buying DRs and putting them on replica wheels... I guess that will be expedited now.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts