Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Been a part of the Hemi family for a long time but finally joined the SRT8 family today with my 07 GC. On papery charger was making just as much at the crank but the Grand Cherokee feels like a totally different animal. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

I'm looking into an oil catch can, hopefully 107k miles isn't to late to start separating it, I'm also looking to change the headlights and taillights to a smoked/blacked out look (don't like VHT) and plan on going plug n' play LED forward lighting (highs, lows, and fogs). Came with Mopar CAI from previous owner, already have a diablo I3 just need an additional license and trying to find an exhaust set up I like without dropping 2k.

2 pictures after the 10 hour trip to pick her up.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

· Registered
190 Posts
Nice trade! looks clean! Yea deff get the catch can on! do an oil change if you can who knows when it was last changed! and at least you will have the peace of mind it was done. At that milage I would look to see if the previous owner ever changed the transfer case and diff fluids! i believe it's due around 60k miles! it's not that much at and you can prolly do it yourself and save some labor $.

I have a newer 2019 SRT but i really like the combo of my exhaust setup, basically i removed the suitcase muffler and replaced with an X pipe fabricated at the muffler shop. The rear mufflers I replaced with the Muflex brand mufflers! i love the sound! it's just perfect to me. You can have your muffler shop make it fit easy! it's like the best bang for your buck exhaust imo! shop charged me maybe $60 for the X pipe plus labor wasn't bad at all at the end maybe $600...

RMB L & R 2012 & Newer Jeep SRT8 (mufflex-performance.com)

Here is a sound clip of the cold start,
Cold start and walk around on my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT - YouTube

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, it is pretty clean other than the wheels being beat to hell, but I'll get them fixed when I get them powdercoated! So the dealership actually gave my the invoice from the independent shop they use as well as the checklist for things checked, I need to check if diff fluid and transfer case were checked. I do know they replaced all 4 corners pads and rotors and did an oil change, and I talked them into 4 brand new Pirelli scorpion all seasons, was shooting for continental extreme contacts plus, but they couldn't get em.

I was actually planning on doing a full seafoam treatment (fuel, intake, crankcase 200 miles before change) before installing the catch can at the next oil change, and seeing what kind of shit comes out of there.

Thanks for the tip, another option to look into! I was honestly surprised when I started it for the first time, everything looks stock but the tips, tips look maybe a tad larger than what I've seen? But it sounds deep and throaty so I was surprised, might have to actually crawl under and get a better look at the mid. I was actually thinking of going with an X-pipe and one of the borla pro XS mufflers, have a great relationship with my mechanic and muffler guys they actually fabricated from scratch a really nice H-pipe for my wife's 2014 5.7 and the reso delete and it sounds real good for like $200 lol so I think they'll hook me up, he even let me "try on" mufflers on my charger when I was deciding.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright ya'll, a quick update. The GC felt sluggish, throttle response at low RPMS was terrible. The motor was feeling tired, would put you in the seat but not like it should have. So I poured some seafoam in the tank on a full tank and that helped a bit, going to do another can at half a tank for a little more cleaning power, got the catch can installed to minimize oil blow-by until I have some time to seafoam the intake and once I get closer to my next oil change I'll be doing the crankcase treatment (probably do that one a few times before oil changes). Changed the front/rear diff fluid, Trans fluid/filter and transfer case fluid. The biggest improvement however was changing the intake filter...and can I just say it was disgusting. At first glance I thought it was just a black filter. Nope, it was a Mopar CAI with the bright BLUE filter...for those that are unfamiliar I have attached a picture of what it looked like new, what it looked like when I pulled it off and what I swapped it to. Now that she can breathe again she is running nice and peppy again. I also tuned it with the canned diablosport 91 octane and intake tune with throttle response all the way up. Hopefully soon she'll be back at full capacity, i do think i need to swap some suspension components because I have some squeaks and creaks I cant seem to pinpoint.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Wood Automotive tail & brake light

Hood Grille Automotive tire Gas Electric blue

Hair Human body Automotive tire Camera accessory Font

1 - 5 of 5 Posts