Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I just got the Jeep but thought I was getting stationed closer to home. The drive is too far. I was just wondering what you guys think I could get for my jeep, best case scenario. It is a 2008, 41k miles, doesn't have Nav, HID, or DVD. I got a quote online and BlackBook said 23-28,500.

· Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Yeah trade in will run in that range....I'm thinking around 26,000. Just put it in this forums classifieds and try your luck here first as some people are looking for jeeps as we speak..Post up some pics and an asking price and go from there ;)

I know I just got the Jeep but thought I was getting stationed closer to home. The drive is too far. I was just wondering what you guys think I could get for my jeep, best case scenario. It is a 2008, 41k miles, doesn't have Nav, HID, or DVD. I got a quote online and BlackBook said 23-28,500.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spoke to a dealer and they came at me with they might even be able to give me 29k for my Jeep if it is clean. However, I feel the car that I am looking at is 5-7k overpriced, so I have a feeling when I tell them what I want to pay for their car, they won't give me that much. I know how the dealers are, they say they give you this for your trade, but it never comes out to be what they say.

· Premium Member
3,237 Posts
That's probably what will happen, you may get more for your trade but pay for a very very overpriced car....In other words, you are only really getting 22K for your car!!! Try to sell your car outright first and then deal with them after. The dealer generally just wants to get you down there by telling you what you want to hear and then he has a bag of other tricks for you when you get there(I know most of them...Please don't ask me how I know)....Trust me the dealer will never lose LOL

· Registered
3,176 Posts
I would sell it on here man. Tons of people are looking for an 08 (it's the best year!). One guy on here just sold his with the same amount of mileage in like 5 days. Depending on the condition of you rig, you could sell it for around 30K.

Edit: Ok, maybe less. Not having it fully loaded brings down the value a bit...

· Registered
419 Posts
It's a shell game. They could have given you $32K but they'd make it up on the back end with the new purchase.

It comes down if you want the hassle of selling a car outright yourself. Also, keep in mind, in some states you only pay sales tax on the difference between your new purchase and the trade in value so sometimes its a wash. For instance, you might make a few grand more selling a car outright but then you're paying sales tax on the total sales price of your new ride vs. only paying tax on the sales price minus the trade. I went through that evaluation when I bought my SRT last year and was getting rid of my old V. It was exactly a wash when you did the math so I did a trade for convenience.

Anyway, looks like you did your deal so enjoy your new one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.