Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 GCSRT8 and am currently having problems with the traction control light randomly coming on and not being able to turn off until I restart the engine. Once the traction light comes on the ESP and BAS lights both come on as well. The engine seems to lose a little bit of power at this point. Any similar issues out there????

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been researching and hearing it could be the WSS or the transfer case fluid needing to be drained and refilled … but I can't scan for the code as it only appears after about 20 mins of driving and once I cut the engine off and back on to scan for the code with just the battery on the code disappears until I'm driving again after 20 minutes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It should still have a logged code, even if it is not active.
Depending on what you are using as a code reader, it'll should be logged in transmission/drive line, not in engine codes. I doubt it'll throw the lights on for fluid needing changed.
My 2008 will intermittently have those Trac, ABS, & ESP lights come on. I can usually just push the ESP button until it stays off, then the other lights go out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't own a code reader unfortunately, WSS is fairly cheap I see anyways so going to try that route. Did you self install on yours as well?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes I did. It was the left front that failed. As far as WSS go it went fairly well. It was broken inside the hub, but I was able to drill a small hole in the plastic sensor stem. I then inserted a small machine screw in it an pulled it out. My wife was very happy to get cruise control back.

By the way, some auto parts will scan codes for free knowing you intend to buy replacement parts from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts