Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might head up to Byron raceway on january 1. They open for one day in the winter for whoever wants to race. I want to know if anyone would want to head on up there with me. its about an hour northwest of chicago. I loved the track and i have only been there once. it almost seems like it slops down hill but i guess it is flat. I ran a 13.5 to 13.8 at a raceway in Indiana and when I when there i ran a 13.1 with the same mods. Anyone who is interested in going post up and we will see if we can get a good turn out for our group!

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
I might head up to Byron raceway on january 1. They open for one day in the winter for whoever wants to race. I want to know if anyone would want to head on up there with me. its about an hour northwest of chicago. I loved the track and i have only been there once. it almost seems like it slops down hill but i guess it is flat. I ran a 13.5 to 13.8 at a raceway in Indiana and when I when there i ran a 13.1 with the same mods. Anyone who is interested in going post up and we will see if we can get a good turn out for our group!
If its a NHRA track they are allowed to build them to have a MAX of 1% DOWN HILL SLOPE. According to NHRA the newest track built Z MAX is 1% down hill.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Hmmmmm..... Good to know man.... Issue is I will be Hung over probably....:D

Reactions: m4xm1l10n

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Yo Jose you must make to this bro .

Reactions: srt812

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHA! I know Jose but i will probably be as well. Im ganna get up at around 10 ish so if someone can wake up at that time let me know haha.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
HAHA! I know Jose but i will probably be as well. Im ganna get up at around 10 ish so if someone can wake up at that time let me know haha.
What time does the track open and close man?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it is still up to the track. if its a nice day like today, they will open it. even if there is snow they will brush it off. the only way that it will stay closed is if it is way too cold or snowing or raining. they open at 9 but races start at like 10-10:30. they go till sundown which is probably like 4-4:30. maybe 5.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will double check everything and get back to you.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is what it said:

Hangover Nationals
Sunday, January 1st, 2012
Gates open at 10:00 am
Test and Tune &
a Bracket Gambler's race
Be the first to race in 2012
Bring your street car out and have fun!!
(Weather Permitting)

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
This is what it said:

Hangover Nationals
Sunday, January 1st, 2012
Gates open at 10:00 am
Test and Tune &
a Bracket Gambler's race
Be the first to race in 2012
Bring your street car out and have fun!!
(Weather Permitting)
Cool bro! Will see if I am up to it depending on my situation on the 1st:D

Thanks man!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAHA! but does that mean that there is also regular racing or is it just bracket racing.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
HAHA! but does that mean that there is also regular racing or is it just bracket racing.
Looks like they have bracket racing and Test and tune at the same time. Thats the same thing that happened the last time I was out at GLD in Oct....

Reactions: srt812

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Come on guys! besides Jose i know there has to be some more guys out there that want to take the drive out there with me.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like they have bracket racing and Test and tune at the same time. Thats the same thing that happened the last time I was out at GLD in Oct....
so can we still race for fun or does it have to be in a bracket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.