Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try to hit the track for the first time next week. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything important.

-Autostick 1st, TC OFF, and punch it (no powerbraking)
-Try to run with less than a 1/4 tank of gas
-Don't hotlap. I guess 5-10 minute break in between runs?
-Remove all unnecessary weight (floor mats, sub, etc)
-Tire pressure. Not sure about this. Any thoughts? I guess a bit more air in the rear tires than the front?
-Can't go around the waterbox so drive right thru it and do a quick little mini launch to get the water off? I'm running the stock GY runflats btw

Feel free to post anything that I missed.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Here's my advice as you'll be hearing all sort of things . Try all and see what your jeep likes better , I've had same exact times on auto stick and D , ti my jeep it makes no difference , as for better launching you'll have to try all till you get the right mode for your jeep as none is equal , just my .2c .

Reactions: Texas SRT8

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Take notes after each run and try different things. Compare your technique to track slip and see what works best.

Drive vs Autostick
TC on/off or pulling abs fuse
With my Volant CAI I did top on vs off. Dry filter on vs off. Filter element on vs off.
Cool down time period
Etc

Just have some fun with it, but you got the idea.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: Texas SRT8

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
get rid of those crappyears...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Some of the best 60' times have been with the GYs. They hook well.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
283 Posts
Here's my advice as you'll be hearing all sort of things . Try all and see what your jeep likes better , I've had same exact times on auto stick and D , ti my jeep it makes no difference , as for better launching you'll have to try all till you get the right mode for your jeep as none is equal , just my .2c .

Agreed, you gotta find what works best for you and your Jeep, power braking works better for me, even though some dont like it, but my best 60's have come from it.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Ok im about as stock with 2 mods as you can get and this works great for me running runflat tires.
Gas = 1/4 or less if possible and run vp109 if possible or run a 50/50 mix of the best gas you have in your area.
Tires = 40 front 36 rear. I PULL 60' OFF 1.73/1.75 IF THE TRACK IS PREPARED THE RIGHT WAY.
Launch = auto stick 1st gear from idel. TC OFF.
Cool down = ice & cool down a min of 1 hr between runs and if you have a temp lite to check heat temp of intake make sure its at 75/80 degrees b4 you run and every time you move up AND STOP in the lane your in shut off motor every time you stop to let stay as cool as possible. MAKE SURE EVEYTIME YOU RESTART THE ENGINE TURN OFF TC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.