Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me from experience what aftermarket tpms sensors will work in my '10 . Town fair tire removed the originals and put them in my snow tires/rims. Now I need to put another set of sensors in original setup.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I had my local tire guys atempt to install the aftermarket ones into my spare set of wheels but they didnt program worth a damn. ended up getting all OEM pre programmed replacements for peace of mind.

Nothing more anoyying that a faulty TPMS sensor ... trust me !! haha

·
Registered
244 Posts
My experience with after market one's on the wife's car (not a jeep) are a pain in the ass! I have to back to the Dealer every time to reset the computer.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
I got a set from Tire Rack along with the wheels and winter tires for the 2010 Jeep and they work perfectly. On the second winter now. Did not have to do anything except take a short drive to sync the TPMS sensors and then the same in the summer when the originals went back on.

I also did the same for my new 2011 GMC truck last month. I had to follow the reset procedure in this case as expected but no problems encountered.

Apparently whatever they are selling work.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
No way on aftermarket sensor, P.I.T.A
Grrrrr

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
What's the part number for the TPMS on the 2010? Is it 56029359 by any chance?? Anyone help! Need to know ASAP!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Tirerack best place to go. Call them I got mine for 38 bucks each.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Hmm. I have TPMS sensors in the extra wheels I bought. They have never worked with the Jeep. I thought you had to get the wireless control module (or similar name) programmed for a new set?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well titerack claims they are O.E. so I'll let you know how it goes next week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
After market do work but make sure you confirm the part number to make sure you do not get the ones for the regular grand cherokee like Firestone put on mine.....

·
Registered
475 Posts
Does anyone know the part number from tirerack ?
Just call their 1-800 number they will get your order for you. That's all I did saved me from the dealer taking all money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts