Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity if you ever needed to be pulled out of a ditch...or perhaps need to pull someone else out of a ditch.....where are the tow hooks to attach a strap too? I did search, 2 other members posted with no answer:confused:.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
There are no tow hooks on the SRT. The SRT isn't designed to go off-road or do recovery work

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if a tow truck needs to tow you to the garage......what is he connecting to? the front it to low to attach a ANYTHING without rippping off the front bumper. Can't say wasn't designed to go off road its a jeep! Even if it was recovery......i see people pulling boats...

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Front diff... If the tow truck driver knows what he's doing, it shouldn't be an issue.. It's easily done with the tilt bed at the correct angle.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
being that its AWD, you will need a flat bed tow truck. even then, they can still mess up your bumper. happened to me.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
being that its AWD, you will need a flat bed tow truck. even then, they can still mess up your bumper. happened to me.
Correct, that's why I said "roll back". They can pull the front drive shaft if they don't have a flat bed (roll back) available.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lololol wait so you would need 2 tow trucks 1 flat bed, one wrecker since its all wheel drive if it needs to be pulled from the front? Anyone tried installing a aftermarket one? even one that hides away?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
lololol wait so you would need 2 tow trucks 1 flat bed, one wrecker since its all wheel drive if it needs to be pulled from the front? Anyone tried installing a aftermarket one? even one that hides away?
No, a flat bed could pull you out just as well as a wrecker could.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
flat bed pulls it just fine, how do you think cars like lambos and lowered vettes get towed?
If you dont call a completely illiterate towing company Im sure theyd know what to do. and I dont think pulling someone out of a ditch in our jeeps would ever be a good idea hah, not really much of a jeep as it is a rocket.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LMFAO I SEEN HOW VETTES GET ON FLAT BEDS! They still scrape...even with the 2x4's ramps they made.... With my luck i know when i call AAA i will get f$%K with some crazy *******...

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
All newer flat beds go pretty low now. I have 4 of them.. We load heavy equipment on them (yes it's a normal roll back bed, nothing special) The distance between a forklift mast and the ground is about 2.5-3" and they go on no problem... As I said, if he knows how to operate the bed correctly he shouldn't touch your bumper or screw anything up.

·
Registered
567 Posts
LMFAO I SEEN HOW VETTES GET ON FLAT BEDS! They still scrape...even with the 2x4's ramps they made.... With my luck i know when i call AAA i will get f$%K with some crazy *******...
I have a bagged denali on 26's. Every once in a while I will blow a bag or a fuse making me un able to lift the front or rear etc. Ive been rejected by many tow companies because they wont try to tow a show vehicle. But I have had a few try and with patience and some know how they manage every time to get it on the flat bed. Trust me, they dont want to mess up a nice ride.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
My Jeep was on a flatbed too, no issues.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
The UK Jeeps have a front tow hook, and I would love to have one.

I have a custom hitch on the back of mine that will rock a tow hook all winter when I'm not towing the trailer.

They are functional and look badass.

If anyone wants to sell me a front hook, please contact me.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Trust me, if your in a situation where your Jeep needs to get towed, the tow company will find a way. They aren't paid to just hook up to a tow hook.
Tow truck drivers around here are paid to get it on the truck and get it to where it needs to go.. If the bumpers too low, guess what, its getting ripped off.. they just mark it down as "damaged" before delivery..

Heres an example... A prius.. not even that low.. and look how the driver F'ed it up.. this was at my work.. Front tires are not even touching the ground..

I too am thinking about custom making a tow hook.. Kind of like BMW's, hell prius cars come with them now... an eye bolt that screws into the front. Then the towtruck driver hooks the cable to it..

Or if your stuck in a ditch, or snow pile, you dont have to completely screw up your truck getting pulled out by a friend..

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts