Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Dame nice skills; I'd say you are an engineer or graphics designer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dame nice skills; I'd say you are an engineer or graphics designer.
I wish

What subs are you going with?
Two JLw3v2's

That looks great. Make sure to take the time to either round or smooth the interior corners to smooth out the sound.
+1 This will be the second box I've built.

great job on the designing! i'd say slant the back instead of the front to fit the slant of the back seat and fit flush.
I may end up doing that. The only problem I'm running into is planning the two "storage" agreas in the back. The don't run flat with the rest of the cargo area.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan on getting a more "snug" fit. That was just some rough measurments I took before getting started.

Depending on how it turns out, my father is currently unemployed and looking for some work. If I can generate enought interest I may put him to work:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

If anyone has suggestions how to make it a more "custom" looking box, let me know. I'm searching for ideas. I want something that looks like it came with the Jeep. But with little touches to give it a little WOW factor. Overall I want to IMPROVE the appearance when opening the hatch.

I'm going to add a second sheet of 3/4 on the front to give it a more flush look. Add some JL sub woofer covers to clean those up. And, add some LED's behind "hevy" when the back hatch opens.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What amp are you using to power them?
Nothing too big, JL 250/1.

ur subs are crooked! lol... as for the cargo areas, once you get the box in there, its not even noticeable. here is a custom box i built.

I've looked at your box a few times. I like the idea of the light behind the "SRT". I also like how it flows over the wheel wells. I may try to do that also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice , I have been thinking about this for a week or so and i think my final design will be... pretty easy, 6.5" x 29" x 46" for 2 x 10"s with 2 ported tubes 12-13" long and 4" dia. Now raise the box approx 9" (with some kinda of legs for extra custom design) or just move in couple inches and use side walls to run down and you can mount amps (inside or out) there subs will be firing down so u will never see them, top will have perfectly custom fit 1/8" thick false top and leathered... and can still use tray in back for groceries etc...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At least get a JL 500.1. That 250 will isn't enough power for 2 of them. Another option is Alpine PDX1.600. You can find both pretty reasonable. I am running a Alpine 1.1000 on 2 Dayton Audio HO 10's.
I had this same speaker/amp combo in my girlfriend's 01' mustang. It sounded pretty good. I'm guessing it will sound even better in the Jeep. If I'm unhappy after building the new box, I've been looking at the JL JX 500.1 amp. Pretty cheap and should give me twice the power of the 250/1.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
power wise you should be happy with the 250, at least to start with...given the acoustics of our jeeps subs sound exponentially better when down firing....dont overbuild your box, JLs are very sensitive to enclosure air space...if you go too big trying to fill the gaps in the cargo area you can throw off your new systems performance and not even know what hit you...glad to read what you said about the false front to flush them out, id build a core box that was to the exact specs of those W3V2s and then build a false front AND sides to clean it up, that way you get the best of both worlds, sound and eye appeal.........by the way, i set up a JL 1000/1 the other day on 4 Kicker CVX 12s and it is driving them out of the box!!!! Theyre high but they deliver way more than they advertise.

·
Registered
400 Posts
bear in mind that when you do cut the holes for your two tens...the Hole itself should not actually be ten inches in diameter.. it is nearly always less. i noticed your plans had two different diameters, wasnt sure what you had in mind there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.