1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mirror mount valentine one
SD1 camera flash plate illiminator/l plate light
M 27 laser jammer/front parking aid
My goal is to install and link all together so one switch controls all.
Pics as I go.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
any updates ? :d

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the interest. I have not posted pics as I am having issues with this install.Laser jammer is in. Installed sensors in front lower air intake that blows air into the engine bay. They are about 10inches from the ground and are fairly protected with good forward view. Parking aid working great and warns you with about a foot before obstruction. Laser is active but have not driven thru any yet. Button is moumted on D side of console. Middle is all off, forward is valentine one and parking aid ,back is laser jammer and Val one. Went thru Fwall at brake fluid res. Lots of fun.
Val one looked too bulky to mount under mirror so chose to go D side in front of visor. Nicely hidden up there and still reads front and back. Easy hookup to hide wires and link to jammer. All connections are inside cosole by poping the one piece off on d side.
This is where I started to scratch my head.
The plate flash assembly is quite large and will not fit estetically under the rear cam. Normally it easily bolts on to the top 2 lic plt bolts but the cam drops down in the way.
If you can fit it there you would have to remove the entire inner shell on the back door and run the wireing thru the door into the interior body cavity and once down in the spare tire area you could complete the run to the cosole. Then you can combine all 3 units to the switch supplied.
I ran out of time on that and didnt want to install it if it didn't look OEM ish. The cam would have to be moved left or right. There is a plate light on each side of the cam but they would be no longer needed. This unit would install on a car much easier.
If I decide I can't make this work I will install it on my camaro and put the C100 GPS cam warning system in the jeep. It warns you of the cams but you still have to slow down. It does not warn you of mobile roadside cams but any good driver spots those.
That is the correct link to the flash plate light (Thanks jeep trick).
I am still planning on upgradeing the auto start, just don't know which one I'll go with.
I will never know why car manufacturers put these starters in with a 50 to 100 ft range, they are useless.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I wonder if this actually works.
I have heard countless times from people that none of those things work, at all. I have never seen this one before though...

Definitely interested in how well the kit works though. Keep us updated.

·
innerfartbox
65 Posts
Shoulda went with the passport 9600. The Valentine one is kinda crapola. I had both as a comparison and the v1 missed 80% with an 1/8 mile warning. Passport was throwing warnings I thought were bogus till I saw the cop a mile down the road.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Shoulda went with the passport 9600. The Valentine one is kinda crapola. I had both as a comparison and the v1 missed 80% with an 1/8 mile warning. Passport was throwing warnings I thought were bogus till I saw the cop a mile down the road.
I run a Passport 9500ix, decided against the 9500ci (stealth install). I take the 9500 seriously when it goes off. Works that well in my opinion. Few false alarms, and with the gps built in, it learns areas quick to weed out false signals. It's saved me countless times. I would highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
innerfartbox
65 Posts
I run a Passport 9500ix, decided against the 9500ci (stealth install). I take the 9500 seriously when it goes off. Works that well in my opinion. Few false alarms, and with the gps built in, it learns areas quick to weed out false signals. It's saved me countless times. I would highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
I'm sorry. Yes, mine is the 9500ix as well and it blows everything else outa the water...including the V1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.