Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I've been under there and knew about them, but there are ways to change that also. Its just an idea that I've been thinking of and if anyone else would like it.

· Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Dude that is just awesome, great idea...Do not listen to what anybody says...Dare to be different...I absolutely love it :cheers:

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
but there are ways to change that also.

People have removed those supports for weight savings at the track, but I'm not sure its a great idea to remove them for daily driving. Those supports keep the rear end from getting smashed into the passenger compartment in a rear end colision. I like the look, but it deminishes the safety of the vehicle.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude that is just awesome, great idea...Do not listen to what anybody says...Dare to be different...I absolutely love it :cheers:
Thanks, I've been looking into what it would take to make this idea work. I think it makes the SRT look a great deal meaner from the rear. It would also allow for those who want to add a tow package.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not looking to remove them all together, I realize its a safety feature. I'm sure there is a way to restructure the supports to allow for this modification

· Registered
2,972 Posts
think it looks pretty cool. 4 - 4" tips may be a bit overkill... but it still looks preyy awesome. As for the supports, like you said, im sure there is a way to cut and re-weld something in there for safety

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also I decided if I'm going to do it, I'm going to take the rear fog lights completely out and do it right, revised photo.

I also seen one of the members on here who had deleted the rear wiper and mount hardware, looks great so I'm going to play with this idea also. Photo to come later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.