Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
STAGE6,LPM,PARAMOUNT,JBT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to know if we put spacers in the back wheels is it possible to achieve the desired gap and accomodate 335s without them rubbing and of course fender flares to give it a more aggressive look?

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Curious to know if we put spacers in the back wheels is it possible to achieve the desired gap and accomodate 335s without them rubbing and of course fender flares to give it a more aggressive look?

The next problem would be finding a 335 to match the height of the front tire. I wouldn't run a spacer, thats pretty risky. 315s are more than adequate.

·
STAGE6,LPM,PARAMOUNT,JBT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Bigger the Better! Look at the X5M + X6M they both have flared fenders with 335s why not us?!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
spacers = cheap esthetic solution that will end up costing you more in the long run... wheel bearings dont like spacers :lol:

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
spacers = cheap esthetic solution that will end up costing you more in the long run... wheel bearings dont like spacers :lol:
Are you talking about just performance cars?

TONS of off-roader Jeeps run wheel spacers. I run 1 3/4" ones.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Are you talking about just performance cars?

TONS of off-roader Jeeps run wheel spacers. I run 1 3/4" ones.
I think he was referring to performace. Spacers + high TQ + high HP = alot of broken things
nailed it ! there are little issues with slow moving trail cralwers but high power DD street rigs are not build for spacers ... sure they work, but there are far better ways of achieving the same result.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
nailed it ! there are little issues with slow moving trail cralwers but high power DD street rigs are not build for spacers ... sure they work, but there are far better ways of achieving the same result.
When we have local meet ups there are 2 brothers that show up...One in a red SRT Jeep and the other a silver SRT Jeep, he has wheel spacers. Looks kinda cool, but not for me. He's all stock though!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
they definetly look wicked !! I had them on my Subaru STi back in the day but I paid for it in the end ... couldnt pay me to run them after that :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts