Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often are you guys having to replace your tires? I seem to be replacing mine every ten to twelve months. Just curious whether my tire wear is average or not.

Eric

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Is your Jeep lowered? What kind of tires are you running? How many miles a year?
Either way that is not good. Get the camber checked.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I have 40,500 on my rears and there 49 months old and my 2nd set of front have about 22,000 and there 2 yr 9 months old. The fronts are after i changed the camber setting from stock -.75 to - .125. The 1st set of fronts lasted 19,000 miles with the stock camber setting and now the 2nd set have all even tire wear with the new camber setting.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
If you havent had your alignment done, that would be why. Also if you have the runflats, that is also a reason why. Fix the camber

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intersesting responses. My last three new vehicles, a '93 Lightning, an '02 Lightning, and now my '07 GCSRT, have all gone through tires at about the same rate. I usually have to buy a new set every year. And yes, I usually wear them all out at the same time, usually without any crazy wear patterns. It seems I drive much harder than normal humans, since miine wear out so fast.

I think I knew that already... lol

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts