Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am interested in purchasing a used SRT in the next 6 months to year. I was doing some research and read up on common issues like clearcoat peeling on wheels/calipers, carbon fiber trim loosening, and sharp steering wheel trim. Is it safe to say that the 2015 is a better buy than a 2014? I would like to be somewhere between 30-36K and under 60,000 miles or so. I have some experience with the WK2 platform. I had a 2014 v6 for a few years and loved everything about it. Traded it at 80,000 miles in towards a '18 focus ST. I am soon to be having my first kid in the next few months and want something roomier with some power. Any other issues I should be worried about while looking for a good deal?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Take it for a good test drive listening for drivetrain clunks and pano roof rattling.
Drive on bad roads and over train tracks if possible.
Check the tire wear.
Have some kind of warranty in case the MDS lifters eat the cam which can be a 7k repair job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had pano roof creaks and rattled in my ‘14 v6 so I know all about that, I will definitely take it for test drive. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found a White '15 with 90k on the odometer for $33,850 from a reputable dealer. Comes with spider monkey wheels and tan interior. Is that too much?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Buy something at 30-40k miles on it, check how many owners it had, 1-2 owners is pretty good, 2-3 owner is not good, as you know these cars get hammered a lot, less owners the better. Clear coat on the calipers it all depends if the previous owner was cleaning it or not. Peeling clear coat tells you that the owner didn't wash it much because he was lazy and brake dust ate the clear coat. First hand experience right here, I had that. SRT that I bought was leased by the first owner, I'm the 2nd owner and I got a good deal with 32k miles on it for $49k, that was 4 years ago. I still had basic bumper-to-bumper warranty so I didn't worry too much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts