Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting 4 tickets in 4 months for my 4% tint, i have decided to remove the tint on my drivers and passengers side windows. What is the best way to do this? I have seen many videos on youtube but im still not sure. :confused:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
peel up a corner and pull it off, then spray it down with some window cleaner and razor blade to get the glue off. If you don't get all the glue it will start to yellow.

Reactions: gerd35

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Yeah Goo Gone works magic. Sorry to hear that Gerd, the troubles of having it as a DD :rolleyes:

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Goo Gone works magic. Sorry to hear that Gerd, the troubles of having it as a DD :rolleyes:
yeah, just paid $250 for my exhaust and tint tickets. the day after i paid, got pulled over again 1 block from my house.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Ride with the windows down lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Chicago got me for my tint. Hit me with a $250 tint ticket and a $50 plate ticket. Was good till I got pulled over again in a suburb out here and got another tint ticket, was afraid to look at it thinking it was going to be another $250 ticket, but ended up being $50...I could deal with that. Was in court couple weeks ago for a different ticket and ended up seeing the cop that got me for tints in the suburbs, almost nearly 4 months later and still remembered me and asked if I had gotten the tint removed....''oh yeah! Of course I did!''.....NOT

·
Registered
611 Posts
Was in court couple weeks ago for a different ticket and ended up seeing the cop that got me for tints in the suburbs, almost nearly 4 months later and still remembered me and asked if I had gotten the tint removed....''oh yeah! Of course I did!''.....NOT
Pricks have hard ons over this sh!t. I'll play the game....just got my fire plates transfered to SRT....GAME ON :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Man sorry that sucks, the police servicing and protecting with giving out stupid tickets.
I bet while you were getting that tint ticket someone was getting robbed or raped or murder they got a another tint window guy off the street wait to go police dbags.

Later

·
Registered
497 Posts
Dude, you don't have to remove the tint. just go to your Dr. and ask him to wright you a scrpit that states your eyes are sensitive to the UV rays from the sun, therefore you must have the windows tinted in order for you to drive in the Day time. :D simple solution, besides no cop can overwright a Dr.'s medical prescription. :thinkerg:

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,868 Posts
Dude, you don't have to remove the tint. just go to your Dr. and ask him to wright you a scrpit that states your eyes are sensitive to the UV rays from the sun, therefore you must have the windows tinted in order for you to drive in the Day time. :D simple solution, besides no cop can overwright a Dr.'s medical prescription. :thinkerg:
Yea, that's what I did a few years ago. My RX was for "light sensitivity":D.

I've been stopped a few times and once they see the prescription they leave me alone. Twice they never even asked for my DL.

As for removal, just like a band-aid. Grab a corner and yank!!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
A hair dryer works wonders too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depending on the state you reside in this prescription can be VERY challenging to procure! especially after you have already received several tickets for this infraction. Just remove the stuff and don't pick a fight where there doesn't need to be one! The last thing you want is an officer to have a hard-on for you!

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all the input. i wound up going with the steam cleaner and it took less than 5 mins to get the tint off my drivers and passenger side windows. it has 35% on it now. i went looking for a cop last night to have it checked and to my surprise i could not find one.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I don't write those tickets...not all of us are dbags...my srt is as ghetto as they come. I actually stopped a 2012 silver just to ask him to floor it from a stand still..he didn't trust me at first but ended up doing it...oh and no other vehicles around in a safe place obviously

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I don't write those tickets...not all of us are dbags...my srt is as ghetto as they come. I actually stopped a 2012 silver just to ask him to floor it from a stand still..he didn't trust me at first but ended up doing it...oh and no other vehicles around in a safe place obviously
I just got pulled over yesterday because the younger officer wanted to check out the WK2 SRT

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.