Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, it's been a while and hope all my fellow jeepers are doing well!
I'm already planning for Rockingham this year so hope to see everyone then.

Been away due to selling our house, buying another house, recovering from some surgeries, and other fun stuff like that.

Now for the good news, Jeep is almost paid off so I want to start planning a new build/upgrade.

Current mods: forged 426 (around stock compression 10:3:1), mildish cam, ported Apache heads, 90mm tb, ported intake, mtcm, valve body
Stock stuff : trans, tcase, fuel, gears, diffs

Goals : N/A, full street manners, 10s at the track with tires

My thoughts: Bigger cam, more compression, bigger heads, wavetrac lsd rear (front too?), better gearing, welds, beefed up trans.

My PB is 11.5 in good air so I'd think anywhere in the 10s would be possible, not trying to set any records.

Thanks all
Jon

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Welcome to the NutHouse Jon....Home of the High Dollar Hemis. Lots of guddd infirmation on the Sight with lots of Nolegibble Pimples too. You already have a pretty strong setup. You are on the right track. Welds and tires, Rear Wavetrack Only, Bigger Camshaft with suitable Timing Events, Better Valved Shocks, Higher Compression PissTins with Good supporting Rods and Wrist Pins, Big A$$ Thietek Heads, a Driveshaft Safety Loop and Porting and Polishing Out the Intake More if possible won't hurt either, Gearing should be fine.

Reactions: madcoder

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ya Jon, welcome lol!! Haven’t I seen you around somewhere?

[email protected]
Lol they do have my picture posted at many convient stores around the area and starred in one episode of cops.

Hope to catch up at Rockingham and see the Mongoose fly!

Reactions: Jfra and SPEEDDEMON

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the NutHouse Jon....Home of the High Dollar Hemis. Lots of guddd infirmation on the Sight with lots of Nolegibble Pimples too. You already have a pretty strong setup. You are on the right track. Welds and tires, Rear Wavetrack Only, Bigger Camshaft with suitable Timing Events, Better Valved Shocks, Higher Compression PissTins with Good supporting Rods and Wrist Pins, Big A$$ Thietek Heads, a Driveshaft Safety Loop and Porting and Polishing Out the Intake More if possible won't hurt either, Gearing should be fine.
Adrian! Thanks for the advice! Good call on the safety loop, something I wouldn't have thought of until it was too late ?

Hope you're doing well buddy!

Reactions: SPEEDDEMON

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
No worries Brother...Safety First! Yes, I am doing well...Just patiently waiting for all my stars to line up :grin2:

Adrian! Thanks for the advice! Good call on the safety loop, something I wouldn't have thought of until it was too late ?

Hope you're doing well buddy!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far: cam, heads, rear lsd, welds, trans, and safety loop

I'm going to let Demon decide on cam size, heads, etc but just trying to do my due diligence and research beforehand.

Any suggestion on a trans? I doubt I need the best for this build since I'm guessing it'll be around 600hp to the wheels?

I've also read a thread here (which I have to find again) about the >500hp WK1s benefiting from different gearing but maybe that was just on highway and not track.

Would I need any fuel upgrades or is that not as important since it'll be N/A?

Anything in the suspension?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woohoo! Let the mods fly!

Hope to catch up with everyone at the Rock!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! Exciting times! Been waiting for this day for quite a while :)

Was going to do the Demon/Turbo special but heard/read N/A is a little bit easier on parts aka my wallet.

How's your monster machine coming along?

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Conqueror or Super Pro Trans. I am sure you could benefit from different gearing, but by doing the extra stuff, I don't know the $$$$ would be worth it if you're on a budget. Fueling depends on the recommendation of the builder. I was fine with SRT4 injectors but if he says you can use your same fuel system, I would have it flow tested and refreshed. Suspension wise, Stanley's viking dual adjustable shocks seem to be the way to go for now, the street/strip version and not the track only version. Performance springs with your back's condition you may have to be careful, the stockers may be your best bet.

So far: cam, heads, rear lsd, welds, trans, and safety loop

I'm going to let Demon decide on cam size, heads, etc but just trying to do my due diligence and research beforehand.

Any suggestion on a trans? I doubt I need the best for this build since I'm guessing it'll be around 600hp to the wheels?

I've also read a thread here (which I have to find again) about the >500hp WK1s benefiting from different gearing but maybe that was just on highway and not track.

Would I need any fuel upgrades or is that not as important since it'll be N/A?

Anything in the suspension?

Reactions: madcoder

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
Yes! Exciting times! Been waiting for this day for quite a while :)

Was going to do the Demon/Turbo special but heard/read N/A is a little bit easier on parts aka my wallet.

How's your monster machine coming along?

Slowly but surely. Hopefully the demons are picking it in the next couple weeks from Bumblebee racing who is doing the cage. He is at Ducks lights out right now though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lots of change and hope here...hmmmmm
I'll be doubling my own deficit so I think you're on to something with that slogan ?

How's the little one doing? I see the gun collection is coming along nicely.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
I'll be doubling my own deficit so I think you're on to something with that slogan ?

How's the little one doing? I see the gun collection is coming along nicely.

Haha you caught onto the reference!! You are a wise man!

He is great thanks for asking. I am starting him young on how to do things the right way :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts