Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to get tight Catch cans off? I tried like hell but that S.O.B wont twist.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hit the gym..nah put on a rubber glove to give u a better grip. also do it when the metal is warm..not hot! but warm dont burn urself

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knew that would be the 1st thing said. Hit the gym :rofl: Tried it warm and with a glove.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Brute force and ignorance ! first time i had to give it hell ... just dont tighten it as much when you put it on ;)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just get your wife or girlfriend to get it off for you... ;-P

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Try wrapping some painters tape around the bottom, adds some additional grip

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
If you have to....take it off and have someone hold it while you loosen the can. I had to do that on another member's catch can that we couldn't loosen.

You can get a much better grip for strength with it off the jeep.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
you can also use a filter wrench ... Ive always been able to get it off by hand though. just give'r heck !!!

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Wrap a cloth/old t-shirt around the can and get some channel locks on it.

Speaking of this I need to check mine. Went to do it the other day at the gas station but it wouldn't budge. Just bare handed though. Normally I have rubber coated gloves on for removal and install. It's normally hot when I'm looking at it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I just had another thought. Who put it on and tightened it? lol, if you put it on you should be able to get it off. Just playing with ya.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just had another thought. Who put it on and tightened it? lol, if you put it on you should be able to get it off. Just playing with ya.

The guy I bought it from put it on. Have'nt emptied it yet since I had it. Any thing thing else smarty pants :D

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
The guy I bought it from put it on. Have'nt emptied it yet since I had it. Any thing thing else smarty pants :D
Haha, no. Just messing with ya

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Try setting your purse down. :D

You might have to take the whole mount off and get some one to hold it some time they can be a PITA.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.