Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys installed a TB on your wk1 from a 2013 or newer using the adapter harness, there is a guy selling 85 mm ported stock throttle bodies for 2013 or newer for $400 minus $50 for core
Will it work ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the description;
The throttle bodies are a custom machine OEM throttle body straight through 85mm (The largest you can bore an OEM throttle body) and has a custom machined throttle plate to fit the larger bore size. This is unlike other throttle bodies available on the market that are a 'ported throttle body' that just opens up the size before and/or after the stock size throttle plate. They are only for 2013+ HEMI engines for 5.7L and 6.4L. Price is $400 including 3-day priority shipping to the US. Once you install the new throttle body ship me your old one back and I will refund you $50.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the difference of a 2013+ Throttle body? Does it work better ? I had that issue the other day where I lost power and I let go of the throttle and tapped it and it got going again, so before I get stranded I want to pick up a tb

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The weird thing is I don’t get a code, tune or no tune,and it’s only done it 3-4 times, last time being Monday morning, I was driving through town, I let off to slow down for cars and I went to go again and nothing just idle , so I let off and tapped it and I feathered it like a carb car and it got going than wham all throttle

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing, no code no light, I been waiting for the lightning bolt, I thought about doing the Tb ground also

·
Contributing Member
4,562 Posts
$50 for two electrical sockets and some wire. Sheesh! Probably $5 in parts if bought in bulk.

·
DONE
5,268 Posts
Nothing, no code no light, I been waiting for the lightning bolt, I thought about doing the Tb ground also
I'd get a regular 6.1 tb if thats what it comes down too. It will be a waste to get a bigger tb if you dont plan on opening up the intake manifold to match

1 - 10 of 10 Posts