Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’m looking to swap out my factory throttle body to a larger intake for my 2014 SRT
Can someone let me know if they’ve done this and what product gives the best performance.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi all,
I’m looking to swap out my factory throttle body to a larger intake for my 2014 SRT
Can someone let me know if they’ve done this and what product gives the best performance.
Thanks,
Mike
I have a stock hellcat TB bolted onto a Khaos Motorsports 92 to 84mm adapter. With a bigger TB I've seen someone report a 7 whp gain (on a 6.4 Charger). But I've also seen a video showing no gains in the higher RPMs but some torque gains down low and a reduction in manifold vacuum, so it's difficult to say.
Do I feel a difference? Honestly I doubt anyone can feel a 7 whp gain in a vehicle with already +370 whp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, appreciate the input here.
I was looking to get some more power without doing any crazy mods.
I thought I'd get a little more than 7 whp.
But it's looks like I'll stay with the stock set up.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thanks, appreciate the input here.
I was looking to get some more power without doing any crazy mods.
I thought I'd get a little more than 7 whp.
But it's looks like I'll stay with the stock set up.
Supp Mike , I did an Amp Tb (american muscle performance) located here down in S Fla and i Love it! Was gonna get a Bbk or the other one (can’t remember the name) but those are $500+ and i stopped in to Amp amd they were like our Tb’s do the same shit and they $300 or less went hm and installed and Bamm , Throttle response was nite and day! No issues whatsoever , could careless about hp as someone stated you not gonna feel Hp but you will feel Throttle resp..For the price and the Fact that its an Oem piece that Bored over for me was a no brainer! Ck their Website and take a look for yourself but I Def Recoo it!
my Mods on my 15 w 35-40k miles are
Corsa Cat back sport w resonator delete
Enclosed Afe Cold Air Intake
Amp Throttle body.
my 0-60 times Per Dash were Consistently 4.4
Not im Consistently 4.2 and ona Cool Nihht sub 72d im 4.1
Ck em out!
Neil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Supp Mike , I did an Amp Tb (american muscle performance) located here down in S Fla and i Love it! Was gonna get a Bbk or the other one (can’t remember the name) but those are $500+ and i stopped in to Amp amd they were like our Tb’s do the same shit and they $300 or less went hm and installed and Bamm , Throttle response was nite and day! No issues whatsoever , could careless about hp as someone stated you not gonna feel Hp but you will feel Throttle resp..For the price and the Fact that its an Oem piece that Bored over for me was a no brainer! Ck their Website and take a look for yourself but I Def Recoo it!
my Mods on my 15 w 35-40k miles are
Corsa Cat back sport w resonator delete
Enclosed Afe Cold Air Intake
Amp Throttle body.
my 0-60 times Per Dash were Consistently 4.4
Not im Consistently 4.2 and ona Cool Nihht sub 72d im 4.1
Ck em out!
Neil
Neil,
thx, I’m gonna have to check it out!
Mike

·
Registered
69 Posts
How about throttle response?
Better launch?
From my own personal experience, I think it’s a bit mental. The first time I installed a fancy air filter on by car, some 40 years ago, I swore that gave me more power and made my car feel faster. But when measured against a standard, my 0-60, there was no improvement. Then I added headers and it felt more powerful and quicker. Then I measured my 0-60, and it actually got worse. Had the car dyno’ed and the DYNO operator told me that based on test data he had from other stock cars like mine, the start of my power band shifted from 1800 up to 2500. Which explains why my 0-60 dropped a bit. The extra 7hp gained from the headers we’re seeing higher in the RPM range. Auto manufacturers built and fine tune their autos to meet emissions standards, and do it as efficiently as possible. To get real increase power requires a holistic approach. To simply change out a component or two might make us feel better, but not necessarily increase HP. And even when the component(s) is capable of increasing HP, it may not be in the range where you drive the car mostly. An increase at 5000rpm probably won’t help driving around town. You can make the changes you want, but I’ll caution you to manage your expectations. Again this is simply from my own experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts