Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting on my AFE carbon black series intake that comes fully sealed. Any recommendations on which throttle body size I should go with? I don’t want to bottle neck and cause restriction. I believe the stock throttle size is 80mm. Will be running this intake system along side kooks headers with straight pipe connections leading to my solo thunder res exhaust.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Well if you are going to be running headers you will need a tune anyway. For just the stand alone 85mm I have never known a need for a new tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
I ordered the MMX 87mm TB! hopefully it comes in soon and ill report my thoughts! not expecting anything crazy obviously but I'm looking forward to better acceleration and better MPG! anything is gonna help as I currently get 13.5 mpg city and 14.5 highway.

I also asked BBK about there TB being carb legal and it is they just sent me a carb sticker so i guess ill slap it in the engine just to have it for emission purposes even though my MMX TB is still a OEM unit.

Ill be resetting the ECM fuse as i never did this when I installed the Injen intake recently! so hopefully with the ECM re set ill feel the difference a little better as the ECM should compensate with more fuel!. When I reset the the ECM when I did my exhaust mods it really woke up the engine! so its a must when making changes to the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m in the same ball park. I’m waiting on my AFE carbon series intake. Am already equipped with a solo thunder res exhaust system. I ordered kooks headers but opted for the coating which will take longer to ship out. I think it’s a good idea to reset the ecm so it can adapt and adjust accordingly. From what I’m readying online the intake, bigger throttle and ported heads or manifold is where the power is made on these.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’m in the same ball park. I’m waiting on my AFE carbon series intake. Am already equipped with a solo thunder res exhaust system. I ordered kooks headers but opted for the coating which will take longer to ship out. I think it’s a good idea to reset the ecm so it can adapt and adjust accordingly. From what I’m readying online the intake, bigger throttle and ported heads or manifold is where the power is made on these.
Nice! lmk how you like the headers! I want to get a set but I'm in CA, so they need to be carb approved... and I'm worried about setting off a code since I'm still on an unlocked PCM.

Although for the most part I baby the car and every now and then get on it and it deff puts a smile on my face but there's days when I feel I want more power! But like I said the power it has is mostly enough to satisfy me! plus I do have plans to maybe and I say maybe trade it in for a track hawk but by that time its paid off I'm sure I will have different priorities to put my money towards but who knows.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got the 87mm TB in and installed it! it was very easy! the bolts were on I'd say hand tight. Took about 5 min. I re set the ECM/PCM fuse and did the throttle re learn procedure. Throttle response is deff better! My custom setting feels better as well as Track Mode. Here is some pics of the install,

Here is the new CNC ported 87mm TB,

Product Tableware Font Electric blue Metal

Font Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Gas

Gas Auto part Automotive tire Machine Metal

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Kitchen appliance Kitchen utensil

Here is the old 80mm TB removed! it was pretty dirty at 50k miles,

Camera accessory Automotive tire Machine Film camera Cameras & optics

Fluid Gas Auto part Automotive tire Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Overall, it feels a bit peppier! has better throttle response and wasn't that much i think around $300. It was still pretty fun to install only because it was so easy! you could have your kid do the install it's that simple. I'm used to reaching deeper in engine bays and removing coolant hoses from the throttle body's when i work on Hondas this was a breeze!

Motor vehicle Gas Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Car

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Flash photography Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Personal luxury car

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm looking to install this throttle controller,

Electronic Throttle Controller - #1 Throttle Response Controller Online (ultimate9.co)

I had a similar one from pedal commander on my old jeep and I really liked it! the 3.6L suffered greatly from poor throttle response, the controller really woke up the response so I'm curious how it will go on my SRT. Over time it malfunctioned so that's why I'm avoiding the pedal commander. It eventually bugged out my PCM and threw multiple dash lights/codes! not fun...

Anybody have any experience with this unit on an SRT?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I ordered the EVC unit! ill share my experience with it soon, if anyone is interested, I used this promo code ( RAMANATOR ) for 10% off!

10% Off iDRIVE USA DISCOUNT CODES → (6 ACTIVE) Oct 2022 (wethrift.com)
Well, I installed this little device and HOLLY COW I love it! feels like the engine was fine tuned. Just feels so much crisper and more responsive! I can spin the tires in first and was never able to do that haha it really lets you feel the power band more! best mod I have done the Jeep so far! I get to stay in gear longer and it down shifts much quicker and smoother with little effort. It accelerates so much faster now I love it haha

I was skeptical because the SRT is bad ass already has a great power band and thought it wouldn't make much of a difference on this performance vehicle but nope! its like a night and day difference! I use the auto mode ( A.C) and it feels the best overall. I tried U5 mode and holly crap the car feels like a monster!
I highly recommend this! you just have to try it and see for yourself!

I literally want to drive it now every day! it just makes driving so much more pleasant.

I'd like to also mention after 2 days of driving around I'm noticing a big difference in MPG, I used to be around 13.5 city and 14.3 freeway before using this and now I'm seeing around 14-14.5 city and 14.8-14.9 freeway!

Vehicle Car Gear shift Automotive design Automotive navigation system

Communication Device Scale Telephony Mobile phone Gadget
Table Rectangle Automotive design Material property Font

1 - 15 of 15 Posts