Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i know theres some issues with this toy but i need some answer:confused:

theres the mods on my jeep: bt catch can, jet stat 180, diablosport intune, afe stage2 cai, custom tune

what is the advantage to change the throttle body on the jeep if i keep the stock intake???

if there's any advantage, which size is the best, i never put a SC or turbo on the jeep, maybe Cats high flow but can't change the exhaust,cops are very agressive in my town:(

thanks for the reply:D

· "guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,868 Posts
More airflow is always better. Just be sure to let your tuner know so your tune can be adjusted correctly.

· Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Well I will add this, I just installed a 87M TB and I have to say it made imediate difference in drivability for me. Now I kind of took the backwards approach since normally people get this first and this was my last mod as I did a 426 stroker. I do also have a ported intake but you will see gains even with a stock intake as the stock throttle body kind of restricts. I was having some loose bogging issues at low speeds during daily driving, and as soon as I added the throttle body, everything just woke up and became much more responsive.
You have a few choices of sizes, talk to your tuner and first figure out what you want in the end, as you can go 85,87,90.

· Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I agree, I would stick with a modern mscl or arrington as they are well designed and spec. I would go as far as saying 99.999999 percent of the time you will have zero issues with either. Some other brands have throttle and stalling issues. They are really inexpensive also, only around four hundred dollars.

· Premium Member
5,197 Posts
I say id u go with a hogged TB u need a worked manifold. NOW if u go the a TB and mani ur getting more air in BUT u newd to get it out. With the stock cam i dint think u get the full flow of the air ur bringing in so u need a cam with more lift and/or duration to get that air out. Now u have the stock headers witch will also restrict some of that air ur teying to push out so my pt is u will see some gains but to get the full potential of new power u need to balance it all out. Just my opinion.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.