Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new here, 1st post but been lurking for a little while....searched but didnt see anything on it so here i go.

Really new to this fly by wire stuff and was MORE than disappointed with the "lag" and general lack of responsiveness of the jeep. Read on one of the LX forums about grounding the throttle body and it would help with the hesitation.....well i am more than willing to say that i am 110% pleased with the result!!!! the difference is noticeable and it was a $4 mod....bought a 24" battery ground cable from Autozone, attached one end of cable to lower TB bolt, routed the cable down and out of sight then back up underneath PDC to neg battery terminal...5min job at most....this really did make the jeep feel more driveable and user friendly!!! sorry if its a repost and if its not then hope this helps

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Well I see what you are saying about the lag on our jeeps. The way we have over come this issue is to get a Custom tune form a good reputable tune like Johan aka Diablotoona or Jerseyboy. Right now I have no lag what so ever and the Jeep will spin tires with ease.... So hit one of these guys up for a tune man....

· Registered
5,046 Posts
Huge debate about the whole grounding thing in general. Do a search for hyper grounding on the lxforums (same place where the tb grounding thread is). I had some wire and connectors laying around and did notice a smoother idle and some other smaller improvements. Other guys have stated increased HP but not sure on that one. There is also the side that calls the whole thing BS.
Interesting topic none the less.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the welcome, i own a custom shop and know all about the little "tricks" people swear by that dont do anything. Grounding TB worked for me so ill give it a thumbs up...as for the tune, ive gone back and forth with Johan and that is my next route but ive got to get a Predator first, been shopping for a few days for an unmarried/used unit but may have to bite the bullet and just get a new one.

· Registered
5,046 Posts
thanks for the welcome, i own a custom shop and know all about the little "tricks" people swear by that dont do anything. Grounding TB worked for me so ill give it a thumbs up...as for the tune, ive gone back and forth with Johan and that is my next route but ive got to get a Predator first, been shopping for a few days for an unmarried/used unit but may have to bite the bullet and just get a new one.
Someone just posted one for sale....check the for sale forum here and on LXF, someone is always selling one.

· Premium Member
5,197 Posts
intresting. im gonna try this as well. does it have to go to the - of the battery?or can i just go to the ground on the side of the battery thats on the inside of the hood??

· Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
going to the battery neg was easier

· Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just bought that Predator from the classifieds!!!! thanks a million

· Registered
673 Posts
My after a Johan tune has the best throttle response of any vehicle I've driven. The +4* cam helps too, but still....it really surprises people with the stock cam.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.