Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did not know there are different ranges in the actual tools, today I find out I cannot update to the latest software version because of the model tool I purchased. its U7135 but its not compatible with the new software vr29.... is there any way around this besides purchasing another Predator to get the new software. Because the diablo guy told me i have to use the previous software version vr12 which does not have the throttle booster and stuff... Any ideas?????

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Contact Johan.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Contact Johan.
well ive been searching across the seas and forums...to try to get this to work the supposed correct way to do it, is on diablosport website, but it wasnt making sense at first, called them back they said to do it in legacy mode...so we'll see...

·
Registered
240 Posts
i feel your pain, im stuck with a crappy vortech predator, which vortech never updates!

Johan would be your only hope to pull something off.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I'm still on r08... Just get a cmr tune from Johan, he can simulate the throttle booster in the tune. no biggie.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Well I did not know there are different ranges in the actual tools, today I find out I cannot update to the latest software version because of the model tool I purchased. its U7135 but its not compatible with the new software vr29.... is there any way around this besides purchasing another Predator to get the new software. Because the diablo guy told me i have to use the previous software version vr12 which does not have the throttle booster and stuff... Any ideas?????
Easy way to check before updating to the latest crom without having to worry about the not enough memory error message.
Go to:
Options>>Tool Info
If you see, hardware UNIV_REV2 , then you are OK to update. if you have anything else there, then you have a tool that does not support the newer updates.(straight from Johan's sticky) Then you have to use the 9r28l which is a smaller file. You can download it on the DS forum web site. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easy way to check before updating to the latest crom without having to worry about the not enough memory error message.
Go to:
Options>>Tool Info
If you see, hardware UNIV_REV2 , then you are OK to update. if you have anything else there, then you have a tool that does not support the newer updates.(straight from Johan's sticky) Then you have to use the 9r28l which is a smaller file. You can download it on the DS forum web site. Hope this helps.
yeah i dont have that univ_rev2 thing...and so i can use a 9r28l....havent seen that anywhere ill check the forum now..

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
How often do predator and trinity need updated?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
How often do predator and trinity need updated?

Only needs update if you want a new feature or you're having an issue.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
That predator is a dinosaur in the tuning world. Diablo Sport can do better than that.
There is the trinity too. The predator does it's job of loading tunes, ability to change settings, and do some logging. There is also the intune which is in limited beta testing now.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I was reading about the Diablo Intune.........should I have waited to buy one rather than the Trinity?

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I was reading about the Diablo Intune.........should I have waited to buy one rather than the Trinity?

No, there isn't a firm release date and the beta testing is only on the LX platform right now.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Intune was shown at SEMA in 2008, its now 2011. You sure you want to wait for that?? lol SCT has a touch screen hand held tuner already the SCT TSX. SCT is also developing an APP to be used on iPhone/iPad to load tunes.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If you arent happy with the predator then step up to the trinity.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
As mentioned, you can get a custom tune with throttle boost set up however you'd like ;)

9r29l is not going to work for you, it is just for 09-10 vehicles.

You can also replicate throttle booster yourself.... Push down on the pedal quicker. ;)
:)

That predator is a dinosaur in the tuning world. Diablo Sport can do better than that.
You should check out the Trinity...

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Intune was shown at SEMA in 2008, its now 2011. You sure you want to wait for that?? lol SCT has a touch screen hand held tuner already the SCT TSX. SCT is also developing an APP to be used on iPhone/iPad to load tunes.
Pretty sure I was at SEMA 08....but the inTune was not ;)

You seem to be an SCT fan....have you realized they do not support the HEMI world?

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
That's great.... but it won't work on our rides. There have been 2 Jeeps I know of tuned with the SCT..... they both ran like crap. No one uses SCT for Hemi's..... only Diablo. SCT is good for Ford only.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pretty sure I was at SEMA 08....but the inTune was not ;)

You seem to be an SCT fan....have you realized they do not support the HEMI world?
Mike, thank you for responding. Please feel free to respond.

Please see post #3.
http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20810

From Mike Litsch Tech Support Manager
Huh?

InTune was shown for the first time at SEMA 08, just as a case and blank screen, and this year we were back with full demo units...it will most certainly be released (and blowing minds) sooner than later!
The above post is dated Feb 15, 2010. So something has bee in the works since 2008. My point here isn't a SCT vs. Diablosport my point is there are top quality products in the tuning world for the end user. I'm just wondering why a product that has been in the works for a long time hasn't been released. Being the only tuner to support the Hemi community don't you think that you could provide a better product? Do you have a solution for the OP for his Predator update?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts