Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I the srt8 is awesome but i don't like the front bumper and I don't need another car with bag mpg and sick power lol. I already have a '04 Saleen Mustang and a '67 mustang. I'm looking for something to tow a boat in the future. I was thinking 4.7L or the new 3.0L diesel What is the mpg on the 6.1L really? If I got the 4.7L or the 3.0L diesel i'd probably try to get the SRT8 wheels on it and lower it. Anyone else done this before so I can see how it would look?
I already have 2 jeeps i share with my dad but they're in bad shape. '89 Wranger and '68 Jeepster Commando.
thanks
:D

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
A mix of city and highway yields me 12.5-13 mpg. Towing capacity is only 3500 pounds. The Mopar approved hitch is due out soon so until then it's a custom solution, if you can do it.

I think the Jeep SRT8 will take your Saleen 0-60. Dump the Fix Or Repair Daily / Found On Road Dead and get the Jeep, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jlandbl said:
A mix of city and highway yields me 12.5-13 mpg. Towing capacity is only 3500 pounds. The Mopar approved hitch is due out soon so until then it's a custom solution, if you can do it.

I think the Jeep SRT8 will take your Saleen 0-60. Dump the Fix Or Repair Daily / Found On Road Dead and get the Jeep, you won't be disappointed.
My wrangler gets the same mpg and has 140hp LOL. Saleen isn't going anywhere. Its a convertible and i love it.. unless I find a Corba Saleen, which I doubt. they made about 20 of those in 2 years. haha

Main thing I'm looking for is a tow vehicle/daily driver. The Jeeps I have are too small to tow anything but jetskis or atv's

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
thx 138 said:
My wrangler gets the same mpg and has 140hp LOL. Saleen isn't going anywhere. Its a convertible and i love it.. unless I find a Corba Saleen, which I doubt. they made about 20 of those in 2 years. haha

Main thing I'm looking for is a tow vehicle/daily driver. The Jeeps I have are too small to tow anything but jetskis or atv's
The Jeep SRT8 is an awesome daily driver in my opinion. However, if your looking for good towing duty, the Jeep SRT8 is not a good choice. However, you could consider the 5.7 Grand Cherokee. It a true SUV with some punch but not the launcher or handler the SRT8 is. The Saleen is a hot car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jlandbl said:
The Jeep SRT8 is an awesome daily driver in my opinion. However, if your looking for good towing duty, the Jeep SRT8 is not a good choice. However, you could consider the 5.7 Grand Cherokee. It a true SUV with some punch but not the launcher or handler the SRT8 is. The Saleen is a hot car!
thanks. :) Its an attention getter for sure. I'm leaning toward a 3.0L diesel and dressing it in srt8 trim minus the front bumper. I could make my own biodiesel then. Either that or just get an old suburban or dodge ram diesel. but then i know I wouldn't want to drive them everyday since they're so big. and they'd be sitting next to the extra jeep i already have.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
TB SS is for you for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FastSRT8GC said:
TB SS is for you for sure.
tb ss? trail blazer ss? I liked the extended wheelbase one alot but not the reg one. Why would the TB SS tow more? is it the suspension? That can be changed. I remember when GMC put out the typhoon and the scyclone it could only handle 500 lbs. or something like that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
thx 138 said:
tb ss? trail blazer ss? I liked the extended wheelbase one alot but not the reg one. Why would the TB SS tow more? is it the suspension? That can be changed. I remember when GMC put out the typhoon and the scyclone it could only handle 500 lbs. or something like that.
Yep, trailblazer ss is what they meant when saying tbss.
Hmmmm, there haven't been too many tbss hating threads lately, what is going on?

·
Registered
397 Posts
2007GCSRT8 said:
Yep, trailblazer ss is what they meant when saying tbss.
Hmmmm, there haven't been too many tbss hating threads lately, what is going on?
normally i would not recommmend a TBSS versus an SRT8 UNLESS you need something that can tow a heavy load. the Trailblazer SS has a 6700lb tow rating and is still pretty damn quick for an SUV (my best friend/neighbor got one 2 months ago, and he pulls a trailer at least 2x a week)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
For some reason the TBSS looks best in silver.

I agree that it sounds like that would be a good vehicle for you. Although the Jeep can tow 3500 lbs, it might be able to tow more, but SRT never tested it for more than that so they are playing it safe. On the other hand, with the TBSS at least you have OEM piece of mind on the capacity. The bunch of us that have custom hitches have no problems towing, but in terms of heavy loads, I don't think anyone is doing it on a steady regular basis.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts