Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had 2 SRT8s and really love them but I am having serious thoughts about trading mine in on a 08 Lexus IS-F.

I have 2 questions:

1.) Guestimate on trade-in value of my Jeep- 06 Silver with 48K miles on it, all stock, new tires (Toyo STII 275/315) and brakes last month and changed all fluids with Royal Purple.

2.) Anybody have experience with the IS-F? I really like the nice looks and speed. Plus the gas milage is a plus.

Anyway thanks for the input!

Ian

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
I Had ideas of the same thing , after driving the lexus ISF i changed my mind , I'd say go test drive and don't just keep looking at adds like i did , JEEP SRT FTW Trust me .

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I have had 2 SRT8s and really love them but I am having serious thoughts about trading mine in on a 08 Lexus IS-F.

I have 2 questions:

1.) Guestimate on trade-in value of my Jeep- 06 Silver with 48K miles on it, all stock, new tires (Toyo STII 275/315) and brakes last month and changed all fluids with Royal Purple.

2.) Anybody have experience with the IS-F? I really like the nice looks and speed. Plus the gas milage is a plus.

Anyway thanks for the input!

Ian
Depends on if the dealers is trying to stick it to you, I have had one try to give me 24k, two tried 22k, and one at 20k. Exact miles as yours. I still have mine, couldnt part with it.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Top Gear complained about it always hunting for gears with the 8 speed

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish by switching, that is what you should really be asking yourself

Personally I have never seen a IS-F and thought I gotta have that. I think It looks a tad bit bloated compared to the standard IS and as far as the competition I would take a M3 any day over it

So like I said, what are you hoping to accomplish with the switch???

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
yeah, over the past 3 days. i had so many looks and points at my ride, i thought there was something wrong. turns out everyone loves it. i would not trade my Jeep for a Toyota ever.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had an 05 BMW M3 with a proper 6 spd manual transmission i sold for my Jeep SRT8. I have test drive one of the IS-F's and they sound awesome and are fun to drive, but i wouldn't take one over my Jeep.

I agree with the previous member who said if you are going to opt for one, make damn sure you get it with the Limited Slip Differential...the first few model years didn't have one and they drive (comparatively like a$$)!

I wouldn't recommend the old IS-F over your SRT8, but each to their own. On a side note, the Lexus IS-F is a really good car though...it just needs another generation to fine tune it enough that it'll be damn near perfect for the segment it competes in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.