Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Black out my SRT or not?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm kind of new to the forum and have been jumping with mods for my jeep pretty quick. I have a black GC SRT8 and I like the all black idea but I just love the way the Jeep looks now. I currently have it just like it came out of the factory with some tints up front and HID KIT for low and fogs. I know most of you will say do what you want, its your car. I know that but I only seen SRT8s blacked out on pictures. I would def upgrade to staggered 22inch replicas in gloss black. I would also re do everything in gloss black, the window trim, and also the door trim. I want to re do all the flat/dull plastic inserts in the bumper in gloss black as well. I already bought headlights with that are black inside instead of the chrome. If you guys have any pictures or maybe give me a little push to do it. LOL. I have no clue what to do.

Thanks

KAMIL

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
I've been thinking of doing the same to my jeep.

My stock wheels are currently at Kings Motorsports getting powder coated satin black.

I'm going to plasti-dip my chrome to see how I like it first before I have it painted to match. If I don't like it, it just peels right off.

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a great idea to go with, first doing plasti-dip just to see. However the plasti-dip will never look like gloss black. I think gloss black wheels and trim in gloss would flow with the car great.

· Premium Member
1,290 Posts
If you have an 06 or 07, I have a brand new in packaging set of BLACK window strips I bought from MOPAR that I can't use, I didn't realize I bought the wrong generation until over 8 months later when I went to install. It's the part that replaces the chrome trim under the windows. Let me know if you're interested.

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Everyone that has a black Jeep seems to have it murdered out. I plasti dipped my wheels for awhile. Then I peeled it off and got way more compliments with just the regular wheels.
Im the opposite ! Now that Im fully murdered, I get looks and compliments everywhere I go ! I dont live in a small town by any means... but everyone seems to know my name now :lol:

· Premium Member
1,290 Posts
^^^ Are these gloss black? How much?
They're OEM from laredo or limited JGC, I made a mistake though, these are for the 08-10 models only. They don't include the rear window panel and strip, just the weather strip on the four windows. PM if interested

· Registered
3,086 Posts
murdered scottish beast

Attachments

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
Once you go black you never go back:

Reactions: 1BAMFR

· Registered
8,340 Posts
Black on black does look great. personally i love the stock wheels in chrome. But you can't argue with murdered out.

· Premium Member
1,131 Posts

· Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts
Blacked out FTW!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.