Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moments away from pulling the trigger on a 2015 SRT8 and looking for any info on problematic items to look into. Seller is the second owner and claims it's babied, never even driven in the rain. Already has a Borla cat-back and K&N Intake and potentially a mild tune. Truck only has 44k on it and has zero blemishes cosmetically. What are some things to check before driving it home? Also should mention I'd basically be buying this sight unseen, located in San Diego and would be driving it home to New Hampshire. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

·
Registered
2014 SRT
39 Posts
well, the options he put on don't jive with "babying" a car like this. More like "I ran the shit out of this but I'm not telling you that." I wouldn't drop money on anything I don't see in person. I test drove mine two different times (granted, was at a dealership) and it still went downhill even before factory warranty expired, then worse after. After my horrible post purchase experiences...although I love my car now...I would find a local mechanic in SD to give it a thorough probing. If dude won't agree to that, there's something he's hiding. Not saying all sellers are shady...but all sellers have potential to be shady and once you drive off, no lemon law crap applies to private sales. It's a 50/50 chance of either a clean, worry free car...or a shit-falling-off-every-month car. Known issues for 14-15s are lifters, water pump, alternator, heating coil, radiator and fan, coolant reserve (check cracks)....not sure but think the 15's have the same dash de-lamination issues as well, so you might want to look that over very closely. Maybe it's just me, but too many potential issues to take a chance on...and get an after market extended warranty. I have got mine through AutoNation (where I bought the car) and although AutoNation can suck it...the warranty saved me probably close to $13k with all the crap that went wrong within a year of getting my 2014.

·
Registered
2014 SRT
39 Posts
and to be honest, unless you are just needing this car right now, take some time and look around...there will always be one coming up for sale closer to you from time to time. Just my op

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So thanks for the feedback on items to look for....

As for the other stuff you mentioned, first owner modified the vehicle with the aforementioned parts, not the current owner. This is NOT the first one I've looked at either, just the first one that suits my budget, options, and condition. It actually does have a transferrable 100K aftermarket warranty as well. I fully intend to test drive the vehicle and have no qualms in walking away from the sale if it doesn't pass the test, but the seller has been extremely transparent so this post was strictly in regards to known issues with 2015 SRT's....

·
Registered
2014 SRT
39 Posts
So thanks for the feedback on items to look for....

As for the other stuff you mentioned, first owner modified the vehicle with the aforementioned parts, not the current owner. This is NOT the first one I've looked at either, just the first one that suits my budget, options, and condition. It actually does have a transferrable 100K aftermarket warranty as well. I fully intend to test drive the vehicle and have no qualms in walking away from the sale if it doesn't pass the test, but the seller has been extremely transparent so this post was strictly in regards to known issues with 2015 SRT's....
aight...cool. Just wanting to look out for you. Wasn't meaning to come off as if you don't know what you're doing. Just seen people get bent over after 18 years as a cop...in my nature to throw up caution signs sometimes...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts