Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's results from my 20" stock wheels wrapped with 315 35 20 Vreds and my Chrome 22" Factory Reproduction wheels wrapped in 295 30 22.

76 pounds for the stock rims (pic is upside down)

81 pounds for the 22 incher (pic is upside down)

5 pound difference .....just and FYI

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This was the weight of a 20" black Factory Reproduction rim wrapped with a Nitto NT05R tire (drag Radial), aired down to 16 pounds of pressure....

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Do the 22 hurt the performace real bad? Also do u knw if the FR 20 inch rims make da ride slower, since they're only 1 pound extra for each rim?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
I honestly can't tell the difference but I think the Turbo has alot to do with that.
Yeah.... 750rwhp kinda does that. Hahaha

·
Registered
358 Posts
I dont have any track numbers to confirm but seat of the pants feel, the 22's definitely impact performance. I kept the 20" for track days though.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It looks like the overall size (diameter) is so much bigger in that first pic!

Do you know what the height difference is?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
532 Posts
It's deceiving. There isn't much of a difference. The diam of the 295/30/22s is 28.96" and the 315/35/20s is 28.68". Minimal.

Reactions: 1BAMFR

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The chrome on the 22's look amazing... what tire is that? I don't recognize the tread...

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
5lbs, so 20lbs.. Not bad at all, sure people would have thought worse.

But like you said, at that power, don't know how much that will hurt performance. I mean those '22 did have a little smoke show

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Remember, rotating mass has more impact in vehicle performance then non rotating mass. General rule of thumb us that 10lb rotating mass = 100lb non rotating mass. While it may only be 20lbs total weight, it is like adding 200lbs inside the truck. At Keonis power level, he probably just doesn't notice it. At lower power levels., you probably will.

J

·
Registered
532 Posts
Even with a load of passengers my Jeep still feels fast to me:)
Looking at that pic, definitely worth a small sacrifice in performance in day to day driving to me. 22s FTW!!!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I just found the sheet from when I weighed them after they were mounted.
22x10 295/30 tire 79.8 lbs
22x9 295/30 tire 79.05 lbs
Stock 20x9 275/40 Toyo STII 70.1 lbs
Stock 20x10 315/35 Toyo STII 76.95 lbs
That is what I got with a 300lb postal scale.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Remember, rotating mass has more impact in vehicle performance then non rotating mass. General rule of thumb us that 10lb rotating mass = 100lb non rotating mass. While it may only be 20lbs total weight, it is like adding 200lbs inside the truck. At Keonis power level, he probably just doesn't notice it. At lower power levels., you probably will.

J

That's exactly why I'm hesitant to do this. I'd LOVE to have those 22's but I won't be making even 600HP, so I will see the difference I'm afraid if I get the chrome 22's. Aren't the chrome wheels heavier than the rest as well? I may give in to a set of chrome 20's.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
My near stock 300c srt8 went 13.04 on stocks and 13.40 on 24's....

At high power levels it should be less difference than that
Thanks Paulie, 4 tenths on 24's huh? Damn. I don't want that, I'm not stock but even if it's 3 tenths on the 22's, no thanks. Maybe after a turbo kit someday.

So you back in a Jeep yet? I miss all the youtube vids of it! Thanks for the hard work on the V3 years ago BTW, I love the kit, it's still a great set up.

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts

J
Soooo true! I don't think anyone considers rotating mass...ever

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Soooo true! I don't think anyone considers rotating mass...ever

Oh Skip buddy, I said that a bunch of times in the wheel posts. Unsprung weight = much heavier and slower. I mean if I was running easy 10's and had power to spare, why not? If I'm fighting for 11's though and a decent trap speed? Nah.... I'll wait for a good build and turbo kit to go with those beautiful big ass wheels first. 20's for now.

Reactions: Wheelman
1 - 20 of 29 Posts