Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had lunch with some friends and when I returned to my GCSRT, I notice a nice looking Wrangler parked next to me. It had bronze wheels and hood scoops. Next to one of the scoops, I see a big 392 badge!!!

Maybe I’ve been living in a cave, but when was this version released?!?!? I thought my GC was a sleeper but this one takes the cake! It’s seems like Mopar is dropping the 392 into everything these days… GC‘s, Wranglers, Ram pickups, Chargers, Challengers… but not the 300???

In a way, it makes me feel a little less “exclusive,” but maybe its a good thing. More 392 means more aftermarket stuff and possibly more rebuilt or salvaged motors in the future. The Mopar 392could be the Chevy 350 of the future.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I believe they were announced late last year. Hopefully the are not a one year only deal, due to everything going on right now. I’ve seen two at the same dealership I purchase my vehicles at within a week of each other, both sold units. The red one went to the owner of J.P. Mascaro, a local waste & recycling outfit here in PA. His company trucks are red, and so are his personal vehicles. Anything special or limited production, you can bet he’s getting one in red. I found that out back in 2017 when I leased my hellcat. I was admiring a red 2017 viper on the showroom floor. The sales manager walks up to me with a “you’ll never guess who purchased that viper!”, followed by that story. Fast forward to May of this year and I see that same sales manager. I go that’s a nice 392 Wrangler, I bet I know who bought it! He smiles at me and goes: “It’s Mascaro’s.”

Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood
Sleeve Motor vehicle Grey Automotive design T-shirt
Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive carrying rack Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m surprised they skipped over the 5.7 and went straight to the 6.4!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amazing Jeep. Friend of mine gave me a ride in his white one. It is just as quick as our GCSRTs! 0-60 in 4.5, I believe. Governor limited speed though, to around a 100 because of the big tires. He also has a Track Hawk on order. I'm Jealous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts