Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 1821 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Hi All,

I'm a car guy and looking to get a used vehicle that's a combination of sports car and station wagon since I haul around some lightweight items frequently (no need for an off road SUV). I was thinking an SRT might be a good option and I'm also looking at Magnums.

Here's my use case:

• Use as a daily driver at 12k mi/yr
  • Take long 6 hour trips and want to arrive without feeling jangled and beat up
  • Enjoy blasting around the hilly and curvy roads where I live
  • Never take it off road.
  • Never track it.
The power and straight line acceleration of the SRT is great, but what about the handling in curves? How does the SRT compare to the stock Grand Cherokees that it is derived from? The SUVs I've been in aren't good handling performers so what kind of handling does the SRT offer?

Thanks!
So no issue with any of that. Mpg will suck no way around that. But all around they are great trucks. Our own super moderator CM1 used to or still track races his. I found the stock setup suspension to be awesome. It never feels loose to me. The truck was always well planted. With it now being boosted it’s even more fun to drive. There are plenty of low mileage ones floating around still. Not sure if you want a wk1 or wk2. Again I’m partial to the wk1 because that’s what I have and its really been a great truck. I’d only consider replacing it for maybe hellcat powered durango but that hasn’t happened yet.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I have been noticing a lot of new people on the forum in the past 6 months. The point of this thread is a place for you guys to post questions that you may think are dumb. If you guys want to know something about the Jeep and can't find it using the "search" feature, post it up in here and someone will come to your rescue without biting off your head.;) Maybe Bernie can even make it a sticky and even make one of these for the "PERFORMANCE" section too. Just a thought. Ask away guys/gals......
Where the hell has Keoni been?

Lmaoooo, wudupppp fellassssss!

·
BlaBlaBla
5,274 Posts
Hey guys! Mondo and Esk, great to hear from you. Whats been going on in here. Catch me up!
Racing and breaking just like old times! Atco is next weekend, get your ass over there son! Lol
9 grand babies now! How many kids do you have now? Still off roading?

[email protected]

Reactions: cmn1

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
What is the idler pulley mounted on and is it replaceable, I looked behind it and it seems cracked and is chewing up the idler pulley. I can’t find it on any diagrams on molar parts online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Anyone else excited to see the OGs still posting?!? I eventually gave in and joined the Facebook groups, but I really wish more people would stay on here as well, especially the OGs!

Reactions: cmn1 and mondo

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I'm going to upgrade to the D1-x this summer. Every picture I see has the coolant reservoir overflow tank removed. Is it being relocated or removed completely? If its being relocated, where is it going and what new part are you using?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I want to change the rear and front diff oil in my 07this weekend, I’m gonna use Royal Purple, how many qts should I grab ? And do they require the limited slip additive ?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I want to change the rear and front diff oil in my 07this weekend, I’m gonna use Royal Purple, how many qts should I grab ? And do they require the limited slip additive ?
Just under 2 qts for the front and just over 2 qts for the rear. I would probably get a total of 5 qts to be safe. And the additive is not required. 75W-140 front and rear.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Getting the Karma radiator next month and replacing my water pump. Any advantage to getting the electric one?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Getting the Karma radiator next month and replacing my water pump. Any advantage to getting the electric one?

I did a write up about the Karma radiator. Totally worth it. I wouldn't mess with the electric one if its your daily.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I'm going to upgrade to the D1-x this summer. Every picture I see has the coolant reservoir overflow tank removed. Is it being relocated or removed completely? If its being relocated, where is it going and what new part are you using?
Bumping this one.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I did a write up about the Karma radiator. Totally worth it. I wouldn't mess with the electric one if its your daily.
I do not daily it, barely sees the road anyway. I’ll just stick with the OEM.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Anyone got an idea what this things part number is or where I can get one? From what I have been able to find this is a passenger side dual zone actuator adapter.
It is part number 12 in the diagram

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1781 - 1800 of 1821 Posts