Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys well as you read in the title I'm located in Texas, Houston to be exact. Also I'm an Ls guy, but recently my wife brought home an Srt8 Jeep she took in on trade. (she works at enterprise car sales) Long story short she gets a company car with paid gas and im authorized to drive them,.so it works out well for me. Needless to say I fell in love. It was an 07 steel blue. (Lots of fun) I've always liked them but being an Ls guy I thought I would never own a chrysler product those guys don't care about power all they care about h.i.d.'s and baller rims. Well I guess y'all Jeep guys are a different breed.

Well a little info about myself. I'm 26, married, my daughter is due January 7th. (First kid) I was I'm the Marine Corps for five years when I got out I decided I wanted to go to the School of Automotive Machinists to learn how to build motors. (Nobody needs a machine gunner in the civilian
work lol) I've finished up with my block course and I have been working at at HKE building motors and machining for a year now (a very well known name in the Ls community) I'm currently in head porting class and after that I plan on going to Lone Star for cnc machining. Looking at keeping all the engine building/machining a hobby/side job for now and head porting to a bare minimum. Lol My education in cnc is so I can get a job in an oil field machine shop. (Great money)

Anyways enough rambling from me for the reason that I joined. I currently own a 99 Ws6, an 06 GTO, a project 98 Camaro and an 07 Zx10r special edition so none of those vehicles are very child friendly so when my wife brought this Jeep home it clicked, we need a family car besides her company vehicle. I've only owned sports cars so I'm pretty hard on anything that's not one. I'm always squeeling tires or brakingway too late it's sad but not with the Jeep. Wife and I agreed it suites us well so we have been looking around for one. Honestly I don't like the new ones and if I wanted to spend 60k+ I'd get a Cts-v. I'd really prefer an 08 as well due to the black interior. And I'm kind of torn on black but I think it's time to switch it up thoughI really like the steel blue.

Anyways guys just looking for some info or tips to look out for when buying. From what I read these things aren't too problematic wich at first I was skeptical of because when you add it all up the horse power, the weight, awd and it's a Chrysler product lol it just looked like a recipe for disaster. Anyways any problems that are expected please let me know as well.

Thanks guys nice to meet you. Sorry if this was drawn out and I don't have an Srt8 to post up yet but I'm bored at my night job and these things are a new beast to me so fill me in. Josh

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Be careful. I was a 40 year GM owner and bought a Challenger in 09 instead of the Camaro. Within a year the only thing left in family that was GM was my 98 pickup truck.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Welcome man. There is tons of good info on this forum if you search around. You will get the mod bug quickly after buying one. Seems like running 10's is becoming the norm on this forum. The big ballers are running 9's and closing in on 8's very soon :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome man. Hope all is well and thank you for serving our country! Congrats on the new addition to your young family coming soon.

I believe that the SRT8 jeep offers reliability and ass kicking potential for an " affordable " price. I have had no issues with mine whatsoever. If you like to Mod auto's well this jeep will not disappoint you. The 6.1 is very accommodating to basic bolt on mods and responds well with good power at a decent price range for the mods. You will absolutely the love JEEP! Esp when you surprise some fools at the light. WELCOME!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I take it the Steel Blues aren't too common huh. Man I've been looking for an 08 with low miles and not finding too many. I m section and for the most pay just saw the shakeight have to settle for another black car. When I asked about buying I was more our less speaking on any common problems to look out for. I already searched the problem section and saw about the shake at 70 but from what I read that is just a bushing issue. Anyways any more input would be greatly appreciated thanks again guys.

·
Banned
1,990 Posts
Welcome from the Tx Hill Country. You didnt post how many miles were on the car, but you want to keep an eye on the oil level. Oil doesnt leak, but it does dissappear between changes. Also, dont wait until 30k to change your Tcase fluid. You mentioned the 70 mph shake, so be sure to check the inside of the front tires for abnormal wear. Other than that, drive it like a sports car. Congrats on the new ride and kiddo on the way.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Thanks guys. I take it the Steel Blues aren't too common huh. Man I've been looking for an 08 with low miles and not finding too many. I m section and for the most pay just saw the shakeight have to settle for another black car. When I asked about buying I was more our less speaking on any common problems to look out for. I already searched the problem section and saw about the shake at 70 but from what I read that is just a bushing issue. Anyways any more input would be greatly appreciated thanks again guys.
Steel blues were the fastest and most reliable of all the colors. Buy it and post pics. I miss mine :(

·
Registered
284 Posts
welcome aboard! i'm a newer member as well... same age as you... my dad has been a mopar man for a long time... currently owns (2) 66 chargers... a 68 charger and a 71 charger (project car (-: ) so mopar has been in my blood since birth! but these jeeps are the baddest things on the road in my oppinion! i still own a 99 camaro with 547 RWHP... it's a fun car... 10.8 @ 127MPH... needless to say... i dind't even put 500 miles on my camaro this summer after purchasing my 06 GCSRT8 this past february! haha launching these are a ton of fun! i bought mine previously modded... which i normally don't like to do... but it is a monster!! i don't see myself ever getting rid of my rig! just going to keep on building! good luck bro and wlecome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts