Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, with the track season starting soon, I thought I see how my new tow vehicle performs. I usually am much more function over form when it comes to my tow vehicles, but I must say the tow-er and the tow-ee here just seem so right for each other :D. Here are some observations:

- Mustang drivers do not like it when you leave them at the light when you are a SUV with a load behind you.
- Power, not surprisingly, is a non-issue. There is plenty of power and torque to handle the task. My trailer weighs about 1,000 lbs and the car weights a little over 3,000 lbs. Not that I don't feel it, because I do. But at no point was I searching for more.
- Brakes were fine. I didn't test any emergency maneuvers or anything, but at no time did I feel like I was being pushed. The anti-roll control is nice.
- Tow mode seems to work as it should. Shifts come later than normal mode. Unlike my previous tow vehicle which sometimes was schizophrenic, the SRT8 seems to be in the right gear all the time. One thing the tow mode does that I'm not sure if I like is whenever you flick the turn signal, the blind spot light comes on and it beeps at you. Come to think of it, it might have even done when I made turns without turning on the turn signal (as though it sees something in what would have been a blind spot). I need to check the owners manual. Wait, do I have an owners manual?
- Having a 7-pin and a 4-pin wiring harness is nice.
- Mirrors are barely adequate for towing.
- Seating kind of low when towing seems strange, but I guess I will get used to it.

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Beautiful setup! What a combo to see running down the road together. I sent a Pm to you about your trailer.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
That is an amazing combo right there. I see you have the factory roll bar in the RS also.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ridiculous 911. Absolutely awesome!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Awesome setup. I want a WK2 towing a built twin turbo WK1 lol.

Interesting with the blind spot. Did you see what the owners guide says about that when towing? I wonder if there are any notes about it? The blind spot checks from the side view mirror till about 20' behind the jeep and a lane width on each side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is an amazing combo right there. I see you have the factory roll bar in the RS also.
Actualy, the rollar is a DAS aftermarket set up. The rest of the world RS'es get the rollbar as standard, but the US DoT thinks all 911s are 4 seaters, so they won't let them come in with them. The US cars also don't get plastic windows.

Interesting with the blind spot. Did you see what the owners guide says about that when towing? I wonder if there are any notes about it? The blind spot checks from the side view mirror till about 20' behind the jeep and a lane width on each side.
A WK2 pulling a monster WK1 would be a sight!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

Well, you're halfway there ;) Now get crackin' on that snail-equipped wk1 :D

The wheels actually look pretty good in pic #3. They look bigger
I was thinking the same thing. I think it's because of the lighting hide the tires and bland the wheel well...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Beautiful, just beautiful.

I guess there was a valid reason for SRT to move the exhaust pipes after all :satan:

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Thanks. Too bad the local Porsche club I run with would not allow "crossover" vehicles on the track. I would have liked the opportunity to drive the tow vehicle right onto the track for a few sessions.
Haha yeah they wouldn't want you to hurt the 928 and 944 guys feelings.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Speaking of towing anyone know if there is a tow hook on the WK2? If you look on the passenger side of the ACC radar in the lower front grill, there is a pop off cover. I think it's for a hidden tow hook that can be installed maybe?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Thanks. Too bad the local Porsche club I run with would not allow "crossover" vehicles on the track. I would have liked the opportunity to drive the tow vehicle right onto the track for a few sessions.
What? What if you had a Porsche Cayenne Turbo? They won't let that run either?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.