Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to know how cooler/warmer temps has affected your 0-60 times.

i ran mine first at 73.4f and made 5.8 with a full tank and just recieved from the dealer, today after only 1000 miles and on nearly empty tank i made 5.5 @ 66.2f, so i wouldnt say there was a difference.

problem is the weather here is starting to get warmer so i dont think i would have a chance to see better timings like i would in a much colder temp.

so please be my guests and share your thoughts if you would like to.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Full tank to empty tank of gas is a couple hundred pounds. That will change 0-60 times a tenth or two. The 0-60 will get better with more mileage. Peak performance starts coming in around 2-3k+ miles.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
239 Posts
Full tank to empty tank of gas is a couple hundred pounds. That will change 0-60 times a tenth or two. The 0-60 will get better with more mileage. Peak performance starts coming in around 2-3k+ miles.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
This was true in my case. My first 0-60 was done with 300 km on it and I got 5.6 with 2 people and half tank of gas. Did another one at 1500 km with 2 people and half a tank of gas and got 4.9, all on the same stretch of road.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
That tenth in the end comes from the 60' times. Less weight, quicker 60' and better 0-60. It's about getting the mass moving in the beginning quickly.

Roughly 100lbs/tenth gained in 1/4 mile

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you guys for the replies, i guess i'll just have to keep driving to get some running miles on it. it wouldnt hurt the performance if i have tried a few runs while breaking in, would it? i've never had the patience to break in a new/rebuilt engine.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
There are so many thoughts/debates on engine break in. I would say you're alright. Might actually be better for it.

Hell, by 1000miles on mine I took a run to 153mph ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i agree to some extent that it might be better for it, since it needs to loosen up anyway.

253 thats cool, we use kilometers here, and the speed meter is 300 km in my wk2 which looks realy cool :cool:

when my father was checking it out from the inside and saw that number he went :eek: lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Really feeling the affects of temperature in the last few days. Best time I have gotten is 4.8 at 1000 miles and temperature around 65º. Been around 84º and humid, have 1300 miles and best is 5.7:mad: Hate to see what it's going to do when its over 90º out. Guess this an argument to move back up north.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.