Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I'm new on this forum and I have a serius problem whit my GCSRT8 2008. My dealer are in Canada changed 2 different tcm. but whit the new tcm we fixe they original problem but my jeep lost power and he have only 1,2,3,4 and D on my electronique shift. somebody can help me please.

What I need to do.

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I'm not following you. What is the problem that you need fixed? The trans won't shift into the next gear?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Sounds like maybe you are in limp mode from what he describes....

·
Registered
284 Posts
are the the 1,2,3,4 and D all circiled on the display? also is the CEL on? if so what codes are you pulling?

·
Registered
691 Posts
You don't know at this point what your issue is, you need to start narrowing down the possible causes. I would start by cleaning the ECM or if your under warranty have the dealer replace it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You don't know at this point what your issue is, you need to start narrowing down the possible causes. I would start by cleaning the ECM or if your under warranty have the dealer replace it.
i agree, you should definitely take apart and clean first... some guys on here have had great success with it. some think it's just a band aid fix. i had problems about 6 months ago, cleaned it and it has been fine... just use some contact cleaner. i will try to locate the link for the walk through diagram on how to take the shifter assembly apart. there's a couple tricks to getting it off :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey
I'm new on this forum and I have a serius problem whit my GCSRT8 2008. My dealer are in Canada changed 2 different tcm. but whit the new tcm we fixe they original problem but my jeep lost power and he have only 1,2,3,4 and D on my electronique shift. somebody can help me please.

What I need to do.
what was your original problem that the new TCM fixed?? this may help..

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
do you know where is located (ECM)?
The ESM is the actual electronic circuit board thats under the shifter on the jeep...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts