Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont what is going on with my jeep. it's almost like its having a seizure. it's hard to even explain. i did take a video of it. the CEL is flashing and making like a clicking noise and the information cluster was flashing and saying service 4wd system. my windsheild wipers were also going on and off kinda like abrupt and quick. like i said i have never seen anything like this before with any vehicle! now the service 4wd system is staying on. and also when i was driving on perfectly dry roads i felt the ABS kinda kick on my brake pedal. please help!

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
PM sent...

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
i dont what is going on with my jeep. it's almost like its having a seizure. it's hard to even explain. i did take a video of it. the CEL is flashing and making like a clicking noise and the information cluster was flashing and saying service 4wd system. my windsheild wipers were also going on and off kinda like abrupt and quick. like i said i have never seen anything like this before with any vehicle! now the service 4wd system is staying on. and also when i was driving on perfectly dry roads i felt the ABS kinda kick on my brake pedal. please help!
This sounds to me like you mighthave a bad Transfercase motor.. Easiest thing to do is to remove the electrical connector from the motor and thenremove the (4) 10 mm bolts.. Now if the Jeep drives fine then your issue is the motor and also you will see a service 4wd message on the EVIC.....I bet thats what it is..... This right here does not sound like a TCM issue....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i ran the codes real quick. i pulled a P0300 random misfire... and also a U0103 lost communication with gear shift. so it seems like there is maybe an elctrical problem along with a transfer case problem. also would a transfer case problem affect the ABS at all?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this morning i had another problem, pretty sure it ties together with my other problems... like almost a growling noise from the trans maybe? it was on a cold start this morning when i first took off out of my neighborhood. also there was a faint burning smell of some kind... which i have smelled in the past week or so since my problems have started. i hope this is one issue that can be fixed to resolve all of these problems! i have an extended warranty so i'm hoping all is covered as well. i work at a toyota dealership and these clowns that we reffer to as techs were absolutely no help. they basically shook their heads and pointed to the D*** toyota logo on there shirts and walked away. need some help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts