Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I call the dealership to have all three fluids changed (TC and both axles) after 22k and 3 yrs....they tell me $330. I had a $30 off coupon, so $300. When I get the bill it looks a little strange as seen below:

1 1491 Limited Slip Lube $19.95 ea
3 68003055AB Lubricant $10.22 ea
1 1141 Extreme Lube $19.95 ea
2 68003055AB Lubricant 10.22 ea
2 68001758AA Lubricant - Transfer Case $52 ea

I talk to the service tech after and tell him that the SRT8 doesn't have limited slip, and he says that it still has gears and clutches that need the lube else you'll be back here in a week with complaints.

For one, they charge me $311.78 w tax
$185.20 Labor
$195.00 Parts
$85 Service Reward Discount
$16.58 Tax

Questions:
What are those Limited Slip and Extreme lubes and will they hurt anything? I didn't see them in the DIY instructions.

What have others been paying the stealership to do all three?

Yeah, I know I could do it myself for around $200, but given issues people have seen, I figured I'd get it on their record that I did the maintenance and avoid issues if something goes wrong before my 7yr/70k extended warrranty give out (it was only $900 I think when I bought the truck). Plus time is an issue these days for me.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I just went this week to get a quote... $280 for both diffs and TC. So I think you are in the same area. Not a bad price.
On the lube issue...I don't know anything about that, but someone else doing the same thing had the same question when his dealership did the same thing. Try a search....its a very recent thread.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Its the transfer case...that's the most expensive part of the change as the two quarts needed are very expensive and there are no alternatives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They originally said $289 until I specificaly called out again that it was a srt8. He said that regular jeeps are 289 and srt8s are more and then had to go check, so you might want to confirm that $280 price. If so, then that sounds like a good deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.