Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to cancel my order please talk me out of it or make me feel better at least. Here's the story..ordered June 10 got VIN in July so was feeling good, we all know about the delays and problems on production but my dealer has no idea I know this, dealer told me delivery would be in September no jeep, October it should be here no jeep, I spoke with dealer Rep for my region and he assured me jeep would be built late October,in the mean time I've tweeted Chrysler and they responded ! But all they could tell me was your jeep is being built as we speak. So spoke with dealer again and I was told early November Jeep would ship November 18 I was pumped! Now here is where I get nervous ....I spoke with dealer 2 weeks ago and they where gonna kept me updated on jeeps progress...they haven't called me so I called this am guess what? They have no idea if jeep was even shipped! WTF? So I'm sitting here ready to explode! Dealer is old school techy challenged is the best description and their service dept is top notch so what to do? VIN and VOT tracking results in error........:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
882 Posts
What color did you order?

As for talking you out of it, well I got mine a while back and all I can say is the wait (I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a performance SUV since last april 2010) is well worth it, believe me...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm about to cancel my order please talk me out of it or make me feel better at least. Here's the story..ordered June 10 got VIN in July so was feeling good, we all know about the delays and problems on production but my dealer has no idea I know this, dealer told me delivery would be in September no jeep, October it should be here no jeep, I spoke with dealer Rep for my region and he assured me jeep would be built late October,in the mean time I've tweeted Chrysler and they responded ! But all they could tell me was your jeep is being built as we speak. So spoke with dealer again and I was told early November Jeep would ship November 18 I was pumped! Now here is where I get nervous ....I spoke with dealer 2 weeks ago and they where gonna kept me updated on jeeps progress...they haven't called me so I called this am guess what? They have no idea if jeep was even shipped! WTF? So I'm sitting here ready to explode! Dealer is old school techy challenged is the best description and their service dept is top notch so what to do? VIN and VOT tracking results in error........:mad::mad::mad:
There will be two mineral grey srt in des moines, iowa as of 12.07.2011.

Reactions: Brooksie

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What color did you order?

As for talking you out of it, well I got mine a while back and all I can say is the wait (I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a performance SUV since last april 2010) is well worth it, believe me...
I ordered Black

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can't imagine... I'm having a hard time holding it together and my order is only a month old.

The thing is, the Jeep is going to arrive at your dealer (at some point) whether or not you cancel your order.

So if you cancel, will you buy elsewhere and be disappointed when an identical Jeep shows up in your town?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I know of a black one with dvd in chicago

Reactions: Brooksie

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't imagine... I'm having a hard time holding it together and my order is only a month old.

The thing is, the Jeep is going to arrive at your dealer (at some point) whether or not you cancel your order.

So if you cancel, will you buy elsewhere and be disappointed when an identical Jeep shows up in your town?
At this point I'm not sure if it will ever show... I would get diff color if I go elsewhere

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sounds crazy. These things are on lots all over the USA. How special could it be.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Fully loaded black one in Kankakee, IL

·
Registered
921 Posts
One sitting in Central Texas near me for 3 weeks for $62,900.

• Wow
Reactions: BeefSRT

·
Registered
673 Posts
They're all over Detroit. Want me to stop in and get a few contact #'s for you? Maybe you might wanna "fly in and drive out".....I do that with all my cars to make sure I get what I want.

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks I really appreciate your help but the mood I'm in now leaning towards waiting on 2013 model

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Why not just call chrysler with your order # and ask them for the info?

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why not just call chrysler with your order # and ask them for the info?
Update : thanks for suggestion that's exactly what I have been doing all day today, emails turned over to customer care center etc blah blah blah anyway Chrysler called me back mins ago and informed me jeep has just been released by Chrysler yesterday ! My dealer had told me it shipped nov 18 !that makes happy customers, it's sad that I have to do all the leg work.
Chrysler also told me it will take 2-5 weeks for delivery. Ugh that would be close to 7 months since order and be 2013 , 210 days since order

• Wow
Reactions: BeefSRT

·
Registered
197 Posts
Be patient Brooksie. I ordered my Deep Cherry Red on 06/15/11 and it is still creeping through the system. Dealers generally are not up to date. You will also receive 3 emails direct from Jeep.com on key dates.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i ordered mine in the start of august and it was delvd 03 nov.
the dealer it was delvd to ordered thiers in july and it still hasn't arrived.
go figure?????

but hang in there. you are almost there and it is well worth the wait!!!
good luck

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I know the feeling Brooksie.....I ordered mine on 06/20 and still ???? Last I knew it was in Livernois. Place is like a Venus Flytrap. I could at least track it on Insight, but can't seem to on the VOTS site. I thought it was only us Mineral Grays that were waiting endlessly, and I suppose the Cherry Reds as well. Black is seemingly plentiful everywhere (there is one unspoken for in Milford, CT....along with the others everyone else has pointed out). As for Mineral Gray, I can only think of three confirmed deliveries....two from people on this site plus the guy on youtube chanting SRT!..SRT!..SRT! :) I'm sure there are more though.

Anyway....everything I've read makes me think that waiting is much, much better than cancelling. With that said, the 2013 Shelby GT500 looks insane :)

Best,
Geoff

·
JEEP SRT since 2006
1,296 Posts
Just got mine and I was a bit miffed like you before that. It definitely is worth the wait, couldn't believe that I was seriously considering about waiting another 6-12 months for a '13.

I'm assuming you've tracked your vehicle through the VOTS site (http://www.jeep.com/vots). Of course that's not always up to the minute and won't give you an estimated delivery time till the next step. I'm assuming you went to your dealer for a reason and that reason wasn't their technical competency. Keep in mind the info that they have is barely more than you do. I've known more about this process from the factory than with any of my other 6 from the factory cars. Not sure if I was actually better knowing the little I did or not. Hope you don't let it get to you too much, and hope that the experience improves soon.

Reactions: immo

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would just wait it out and track your car your self... the Jeep VOTS site will help and there are some other forums that will track it and give you detailed information on where the vehicle is. Tracking it myself has helped me a lot after my dealer went bipolar on me and stopped providing info.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts