Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Wow that is the loudest fuel pump I have ever heard. Pretty nasty lightning though.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Yeah that has to be 1/8 mile... Thats a high 8 or low 9 second pass in the 1/4 mile I would think...

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
Yea that probably runs high 7's/low 8s in the 1/4, big turbo setup always have slower 1/8 mile times....they only start getting into real boost after a few hundred feet...a buddy of mine runs low 5s in his single turbo mustang in the 1/8, but also finishes running low 7s in the 1/4...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
My battery cut-off switch was there... but I don't know why anyone would be touching the vehicle... unless they were making sure it was secured in the on position.

Even a fuel pump seems like a risky thing to leave in someone else's hands... that is typically wired through a relay with a toggle in the dash or console. The secondary pump would be handled by a hobbs switch or the like.

This is a good vid of my pump priming... lol

You can actually see the pump (the anodized red tube between the back of the back tire and in front of the wheel well. About 1:25 in you hear is pretty good from behind the vehicle... This was a 2 speed Fuelab pump, it got a lot louder @ WOT but so did the wastegate... so you couldn't hear it. And actually, I upgraded the pump (42401, Fuelab was incredible to deal with and did it for free!!), bypassing the hobbs switch because this was a much larger pump than I had before. I was going for 1k wheel that summer...
@ 3:30 you can see the pump, but the exhaust is too loud to hear it.
@5:23 you hear it again @ startup from in the car
(The squeaking was the alternator... which ultimately failed on me and took about 6 hours to replace because I had to remove a lot of hotside piping and the oil filter... lol.)
I miss that car. I'd buy it back in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya I realized that it was 1/8th mile, I was just impressed about how it took off pretty cool. my fault for not specifying.. I think i read that it translates in to a high 7 - low 8 quarter... pretty awesome

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Yes, Gary is in the first spot(He has been a top contender for a while now) with 6.64 @ 212 mph in the 1/4 mile with a 2004 red lightning with a 283ci. 4.6 Mod Motor w/ Twin 76mm Turbonetics Turbo's(The top fastest 5 guys All have Turbos). I am a member of those boards and I had an '03 Harley Truck (black and silver) which I gave up for the Jeep. The person who I sold it to has already wrecked it :eek::cry: Those rigs are incredibly light, almost like just riding just on the frame only and those guys mod their vehicle day in, day out, year round to make the fastest pass. It can be very inexpensive to mod a lightning to make it go fast as parts can be sourced cheap and they are plentiful :D

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
I pretty sure that's the guy who WHIPPED MY ASS at the Southern Truck Shootout in Valdosta a few months ago. That back of it looked pretty familiar.:eek:

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
I drive this lightning for my uncle every once in awhile not as crazy as those but still fun. It used to be my truck I sold it to him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.