Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i get a warning that my tailgate is open. i check all latches and reopen/close the glass and truck and it stayed as is. pulled the battery terminals for 30 minutes trying to reset it as maybe being a fluke but it remained. then i go to the car about 2 hours later i get the warning about the driver door being open. its clearly not. i start thinking what it could be...checked connects on the latch sensors and all are debris free and intact. i then realize with the interior lights permanently on my battery will surely drain itself. so i had to look up the fuse number and pull it. so i have no interior lights, i hear the door open charm every 2 minutes, no remote start and have the annoying message on the dash.

i know about the tsb for the tailgate...theres none for the driver door though even if it seems to be the same cause. the chances of them both going on the same day is realllly a long shot.

i got the warranty and shit but still. im worried about there being something else working its way around the cars electrical system.

any idea on what would cause this other than whats mentioned in the tsb?

http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_0802207.pdf

·
Registered
352 Posts
I got the same problem as you but mine says it's the passenger rear door. Only difference is that the dome light doesn't stay on. I just get the message in the dash especially after I open/close the door when the Jeep is running. In order for the message to go away, I need to shut off and then restart the Jeep. I did take it to the dealer when it was under warranty and they replaced the door latch/switch. This seemed to take care of the problem. Unfortunetly I deployed shortly after and when I came back my wife informed me it was reoccuring and I'm out of warrantly now. Got to add this to the list of stuff to fix.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hope you got your vehicle fixed. I got lucky and got mine fixed. The problem with mine was a wire that had came undone from an aftermarket motion sensor. This sensor was tied into the vehicle wiring. One of the wires had came undone from the connector and was touching the metal body. Fixed the wiring and this fixed the problem.
The dealer had already replaced the door latch and also the door handle. They were the ones that told me it was in the aftermarket alarm system. They couldn't work on it because it was aftermarket but for me to get it checked out. One more problem fixed!

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, 2010 Jeep JK
1 Posts
Depending on the type of vehicle you have, your door ajar light can come on for any number of reasons: An electrical short in the dome light. An electrical short in the anti-theft system. A door switch stuck in the “open” position ☝🚗💡

1 - 4 of 4 Posts