Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had srt on lift and did all fluids...diffs, tcase and engine...drained t case for 20 min..surprisingly fluid looked great..not burnt or dark at all..srt has 37 k and this was 2 nd change..I read on wkjeeps that owners have reported fill range at 40-55 oz even though maintenance says 60 oz..that's weird cuz I thought the fill range is crucial..mine took 1.5 qts which is about 48 oz...I checked level with homemade dipstick and it was about 1 inch under fill hole..whats more dangerous..overfilling or underfilling?

· Registered
418 Posts
i would say underfilling, but according to the manual overfilling is bad too. when i did mine i used the bottles the fluid came in , kept squeezing them in and some of the fluid came out so accrding to the ratio of how much spilled vs filled, i left it alone, not even mesured it and it has been fine no issues or no weird noises. In other words you will know when it fills up.

· Premium Member
5,792 Posts
So I had srt on lift and did all fluids...diffs, tcase and engine...drained t case for 20 min..surprisingly fluid looked great..not burnt or dark at all..srt has 37 k and this was 2 nd change..I read on wkjeeps that owners have reported fill range at 40-55 oz even though maintenance says 60 oz..that's weird cuz I thought the fill range is crucial..mine took 1.5 qts which is about 48 oz...I checked level with homemade dipstick and it was about 1 inch under fill hole..whats more dangerous..overfilling or underfilling?
1.5 quarts is spot on.:)
BBill

· Registered
284 Posts
1.5 quarts is spot on.:)
BBill
i'm due for some fluid changes... diffs and t case... this will be my first go around with this (bought my jeep a year ago) what brand do you reconmend? anything special i need to know? thanks in advance

· Premium Member
5,197 Posts
how many pints do we have to buy for the front and rear diffs/axels? and how many pints for the transmission??

· Premium Member
5,197 Posts
go tit. just to make sure about 5quarts for front and rear diffs/axels and about 6 for the tranny and 2 for the transfer case. sound right?

· "guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,868 Posts
go tit. just to make sure about 5quarts for front and rear diffs/axels and about 6 for the tranny and 2 for the transfer case. sound right?
8 Qts for tranny with new converter.

1.5 Qts for Transfer case.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

· "guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,868 Posts
Not sure. I just installed a new Paramount tranny and Transfer case so I was familiar with the capacities. Not sure how much the converter holds. 2 Qts?? Just a guess.

· Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Not sure. I just installed a new Paramount tranny and Transfer case so I was familiar with the capacities. Not sure how much the converter holds. 2 Qts?? Just a guess.

Close bri. Holds 4 and 3 with lines ad converter. Bill got back to me in an email ;) thank u

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
I use all amsoil fluids minus the t-case in which I use the recommended mopar fluid.

· Registered
190 Posts
Great info, I would do them myself as well unfortunately I have to go thru one of these oil change places as I have the extended warranty and need proof in case anything happens...

· Registered
784 Posts
how many pints do we have to buy for the front and rear diffs/axels? and how many pints for the transmission??
Your going to need right around 5 all together. Just fill them up until they overflow and let them sit for awhile until they are even with the fill hole before sealing them up. I got my transmission fluid still in my garage but i believe its 5 quarts as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.