Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting ready to start building my 08.

Any reason why super charging would be better then turbo? What supercharger kit has the highest hp output currently?

Leaning towards stage6 turbo unless anyone can sway me another direction?

I don't think there is any other option that can put me to the limits of the stock motor and transmisson right off the bat and/or leave room to upgrade once motor and trans is built?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
If you have the money for a Turbo, then its a no brainer! Go Turbo and don't look back.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
You turbo guys are biased lol...

It all depends on what you're looking for!
Other than BJB, Turbos are pretty much owning it! Lol! We'll see if the Procharged Jeeps catch up, but it doesn't seem likely anytime soon :D

·
Premium Member
377 Posts

Both are great options, perhaps you should tell us what your end goal may be, and we can all chime in on what fits you best.
Both can exceed your power levels you demand, but theres more to consider..
.. Budget, maintenance, ease, driveability, noise, etc.
.Technology has come a long way, So there may not be right or wrong, just a decision that better suits you.

_

Turbos rule

-Jim

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I have to say turbo here. I went from a Procharger F1D paid for waiting to be installed, to a planned F1X for a month or so after my Jeep arrived to have the F1D installed. Than I finally wised up & switched to a turbo a couple weeks ago.

Jim

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sounds like turbo it is. Im looking to build a daily driveable jeep I can take to the strip and run 9 or 10s with. Budget it roughly 10k a year for parts. So, looking to probably do turbo kit this year, trans next year, and then motor the following year. Just trying to decide best starting point. Sounds like me and Chris have some talking to do :)

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
sounds like turbo it is. Im looking to build a daily driveable jeep I can take to the strip and run 9 or 10s with. Budget it roughly 10k a year for parts. So, looking to probably do turbo kit this year, trans next year, and then motor the following year. Just trying to decide best starting point. Sounds like me and Chris have some talking to do :)
Yeh Chris's kit is nice for sure & providing some very impressive numbers.

Jim

·
Registered
858 Posts
Been there done that...had vortech v3,,, GREAt UNIT,,, for mid low 11's
now im turbo ,, twin tubo,, and loving it ,, makes more grunt down low than my centri, comes on harder and makes more power top end power, for longer on 2 psi less boost, intake temps are never more than 8-10 f hotter than ambient.. easier on engine,
For me it was the TTcreation setup that took my heart, i just love that look of symetry either side,
im loving it, i cracked a 0-60 in 3.17 on the street. 7psi... completey stock engine,

by the way .. 10grand AINT getting you 9's buddy ,, lol be lucky if you even get a 10 ...

BLOWER = nice,
Turbo = HANG THE *** ON
twin turbo .... well i cant swear twice lol...

my 2 cents worth ,, its not gospel

·
Registered
858 Posts
my centiments , egsactly bro ..
if you go centri blower,, get ready for head work cam work headers blah blah to se the 10.. straight away your hitting at least 10 .. then you gotta do a tranny to keep her reliable,,

turbo kit $$$ tranny $$$ for 10's im talking ,,, and not a glory pass , this is to say you drive a 10;s jeep around ,

·
Turbo Powered
443 Posts
by the way .. 10grand AINT getting you 9's buddy ,, lol be lucky if you even get a 10 ...

I believe he said 10k a year but I'm with you, Turbo all the way :)

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth. But I've been running the vortech for 2 years now. I daily drive and drag my jeep. If I had it to do all over again I would go turbo right from the start, but it wasn't really an option at the time.

I'm still thinking about sending out my jeep and getting switched over to a snail.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
if you have the budget then turbo.. if you wish to stay under 10K then blower.

keep in mind you get what you a for ;)

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Damn you guys, making things difficult for me! Twin snails, 414 long block, transfer case, 8.8", what 30g's? Should I give myself a bonus!? Argh!

Reactions: junior666
1 - 20 of 23 Posts