Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wuts up guys n gals....soo now i have enough money saved up for a supercharger but i have some queastions...i need as much info as i can get from u guys..ill be doing it sometime in Nov..and i think ill be getting it installed from bwoody or Maryland speed unless there another shop near me..

*where do i get da smaller pully

* where do i get the 8lbs kit

*where do i get the one step colder plugs

*what is meth injectors? Do i need em?

Anything else i need to buy dat doesnt come wit da kit? oh and after how long does da tranny start to fail?

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
What supercharger are you going with??

Wuts up guys n gals....soo now i have enough money saved up for a supercharger but i have some queastions...i need as much info as i can get from u guys..ill be doing it sometime in Nov..and i think ill be getting it installed from bwoody or Maryland speed unless there another shop near me..

*where do i get da smaller pully Which ever SC you get any vendor that ells their kits should be able to get you which ever pulley you want

* where do i get the 8lbs kit This makes me think your getting a maggie and if so when you order just specify you want the 8 lb kit

*where do i get the one step colder plugs Most vendors on here should be able to hook you up so I would just order them with the SC. Other than that summit, jegs, or numerous other online places sell spark plugs.

*what is meth injectors? Do i need em? You can buy meth injection kits. Its pretty much a safety thing if you want to run higher boost or more aggressive tunes. Not required unless your attempting to push your motors limits IMO

Anything else i need to buy dat doesnt come wit da kit? oh and after how long does da tranny start to fail? All depends on how often you beat on it and how much power you make. There are some little things that can be done to help such as valve body upgrades or blue tops which are much cheaper than a built tranny and will really help longevity at higher power levels.

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man! and im leaning towards vortech

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Brian nailed everything basically . Nice Choice on the Vortech . go straight to a T-trim unit and don't look back , I also have the lilboy CAM, and if you can squeeze a set of headers into your set up , man oh man .. you'll be making real power ..

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian nailed everything basically . Nice Choice on the Vortech . go straight to a T-trim unit and don't look back , I also have the lilboy CAM, and if you can squeeze a set of headers into your set up , man oh man .. you'll be making real power ..
Yea bro im thinking of getting kooks while im at it..wut size pully do u have and what boost kit u using? And is ur t trim as well?

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I ran the 32 T standard pulley that came with Vortech , now I run the 30T , and yes I have a Ttrim .

Reactions: Rufjatt

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just got done my Maggi, and I am very happy with it.

Vortech is nice option but I just want with Maggi because of look and mid range power

but I think Vortech has more potential to make it faster and it does make more power up in high RPM.

GL!

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I just got done my Maggi, and I am very happy with it.

Vortech is nice option but I just want with Maggi because of look and mid range power

but I think Vortech has more potential to make it faster and it does make more power up in high RPM.

GL!
Not to start anything but you are wrong , Vortech makes MORE Low / Mid / and High RPM power than the Magnacharger any day of the week , Looks good under there for sure :) On paper it's supposed to , but it simple doesn't .

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well if you do the maggie you cannot run meth, it eats up the coating on the internals. Good luck with whatever your choice is. Im happy with the maggie though.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys ima go wit vortech n ill keep everyone updated..

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Your gonna love it, keep us updated!

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Your down in Indy right? Might want to check out DCX Depot outside of Cinncy or Mr Norms north west of Chicago. Much closer than those other places.

Jim

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Your down in Indy right? Might want to check out DCX Depot outside of Cinncy or Mr Norms north west of Chicago. Much closer than those other places.

Jim
exactly what i was thinking, But if you really want to come out here, give king motorsports a call.... its worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where is King Motorsports?

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Yeh I was refering to King Motorsports if you were sending your Jeep to the east coast, as opposed to the 2 places closer to you.

Jim

1 - 20 of 39 Posts