Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I did some searches but never really found a good answer)
To those who are SuperCharged and those going that route. I have basically a stock motor and I am putting the ProCharger on this spring. I plan on going with the Dual Walbros because the flowcharger doesn't look to be a good route. I also wondered if I upgrade the injectors and fuel pump before the supercharger is installed will I still be able to run on the stock tune and motor? My plan was to install all this prior to bolting on the SC. (AF guage+Fuel Press Gauge). I wanted to run the fuel setup to make sure I had no problems first.

What are a good set of Injectors to use?(only plan on 6-7psi range)

Should I be changing the Spark Plugs?

Thanks

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
(I did some searches but never really found a good answer)
To those who are SuperCharged and those going that route. I have basically a stock motor and I am putting the ProCharger on this spring. I plan on going with the Dual Walbros because the flowcharger doesn't look to be a good route. I also wondered if I upgrade the injectors and fuel pump before the supercharger is installed will I still be able to run on the stock tune and motor? My plan was to install all this prior to bolting on the SC. (AF guage+Fuel Press Gauge). I wanted to run the fuel setup to make sure I had no problems first.

What are a good set of Injectors to use?(only plan on 6-7psi range)

Should I be changing the Spark Plugs?

Thanks

Stock motor yes, stock tune.....no way. You will need a CMR tune from a tuner, or a tune from Procharger for your setup. For injectors you can use the SRT4 injectors, or the Ford 80 lb injectors if you want a little growing room. Yes, you have to change the spark plugs to one step colder, with a tighter gap.

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
What these guys said Jeff, just do it at once, if you change the injectors and fuel system just prior to install it will make things easier obviously when installing the blower setup, but installing them right now and then installing the blower 3 months from now won't be of any use to you beside having fresh fuel pumps in the tank...I can get you any injector size you're looking for, fuel system components etc, most guys are going with a 60-80# injector and the stage6 hat upgrade or complete fuel system upgrade depending on what you want. A tune will def be necessary and there will be plenty of big players with tunes ready for you when the time comes, we have a few guys in the works right now getting custom tunes made after installation is complete so baseline start up tunes will be available, then proper revisions will be done to get you dialed in fully.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright thanks either way it is sitting till march but I thought I could get away with the fuel upgrade before hand. I do know I need a tune after SC just was wondering if changing the injectors and fuel pumps would affect the stock tune. So I will wait and do it all at once. I am just getting a list of stuff to get together before I tackle this job.
Next step is getting a A/F setup and Boost guage going.
Thanks Guys
Skip ill be calling you again when I am ready for those injectors.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
I know a lot of boosted guys also run Boost gauges which you might want to consider as well. Just a thought.

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
Sounds good Jeff, hopefully the kits will be shipping soon so that will be there shortly. If you did the fuel system upgrades right now that would be fine as long as you're not transforming the fuel system into a complete return style system, if you just did the stage 6 hat with twin 255s in it and wired it up you will be fine, leave the injectors/rails for later on.

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
I know a lot of boosted guys also run Boost gauges which you might want to consider as well. Just a thought.
Why not use the trinity to monitor boost?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
I hate the pillar pods available.....

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am going back and forth on which way I wanna go the trinity has 2 inputs but I am leaning towards also putting my fuel pressure inside. I will most likely fab up my own mount for the gauges. The trinity will get moved in and out so I kinda like the idea of having boost and A/F on there own display. Zeitronix ZT2 has a nice 4 point LCD that can be taken apart and mount in the dash somewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts