Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering what you guys would recommend for a supercharger. I'm a total newb when it comes to blowers and turbos and was thinking of putting one on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. :D

·
PWR 440
1,627 Posts
First questions is how fast do you want to go? how much do you want to spend and what is your end goals?

Newfie.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
45 minutes from me , come check out my Beast and I'm sure your mind will be set .

Reactions: SRT8 Q8

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
45 minutes from me , come check out my Beast and I'm sure your mind will be set .
Thanks for the offer!!! sounds good to me, but I'm out the U.S for at least another cpl of weeks.. but as soon as I get back I'll pass by and take a look at ur beast!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First questions is how fast do you want to go? how much do you want to spend and what is your end goals?

Newfie.
I'm looking to get as close to 4.0 seconds 0-60, or under 4 if possible, and under 12 sec. for the 1/4 mile. and arround 7-8K is around what I can spend. My end goal is to have a daily driver that can go crazy when it needs to! :)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
That's an offer I wouldn't refuse...be sure to take clean underwear. :eek:
Dont get offers like that everyday ! haha

Sigh ** why do all the Wk1's in BC have to be stock or damn near close to it !?! :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
You'll get the times you are looking for most likely with any option, but financially you are in Vortech territory, and just squeeking by on a maggie probably.

don't forget the little things add up fast.

·
Registered
283 Posts
While im partial to the maggie, you can do any setup and reach the goals you have. Whatever you choose, it will be worth it. I only have exhaust with my maggie and im getting faster everytime I run.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Vortech IMO....

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
The Vortech V-3 supercharger kit is easier to install and much cheaper than other options. Its the most popular supercharger option for our Jeeps and it's prooven to be a reliable unit so far. Everything is sold in a kit designed for the Jeep and it's all bolt on.

There are many other options that will cost more $ mostly because they are not bolt on and require a custom installation. But they look sooo much cooler mounted on the engine. Kenne bell blowers sound amazing too! They have a distinctive "whine" sound.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is the kenne bell kit for the jeep not a direct bolt on or is there some things u need to do to fit it right

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
11,237 Posts

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
What I did before NA LOL

·
Registered
970 Posts
guys, I have a small budget to spend but want forced induction, what's the best route to go? I'm 18 years old and I'm never gonna have 8k at one time to spend. What about a used vortech?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts